• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chances of on hold candidates getting a course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twice blue

On hold for NR at Darlington, due to the number of courses/candidates going through training any guesses/ideas whether those of us on hold will get a course before our applications expire?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

karl998yr

Sounds like youre in a similar position to me although im on hold for sheffield. HR told me the assessment is valid for 5 years and the interview only 9 months. Not sure which interview they mean though as ive had 2. One with Northern initially and then another with DB Shenker on the day of the assessment centre. There was probably 6 weeks between them

posh

Sounds like youre in a similar position to me although im on hold for sheffield. HR told me the assessment is valid for 5 years and the interview only 9 months. Not sure which interview they mean though as ive had 2. One with Northern initially and then another with DB Shenker on the day of the assessment centre. There was probably 6 weeks between them

Hi there, I have my assessment in Sheffield next week. It will be interesting to know whether the Sheffield candidates who are currently on hold is because Northern are waiting for more candidates to pass assessments this month....or because they have too many candidates already passed and already started training. When I had my interview it was stated that courses start from September for Sheffield, and I know there there are multiple assessment days this month.....I am hoping it is the former, not the latter. Cheers.

karl998yr

Hi there, I have my assessment in Sheffield next week. It will be interesting to know whether the Sheffield candidates who are currently on hold is because Northern are waiting for more candidates to pass assessments this month....or because they have too many candidates already passed and already started training. When I had my interview it was stated that courses start from September for Sheffield, and I know there there are multiple assessment days this month.....I am hoping it is the former, not the latter. Cheers.

Be interesting if it is the former and training courses are due to start in september because we are already a week into august and no sign of a medical being requested yet. Most applicants are already employed and would probably have to work a notice period with their current employer. Might hear something soon then

RBSN

On hold for NR at Darlington, due to the number of courses/candidates going through training any guesses/ideas whether those of us on hold will get a course before our applications expire?

Northern are wanting an extra 150 drivers up and running before December 2017, so if you're on hold you have a good chance

Kit.Frank

Northern are wanting an extra 150 drivers up and running before December 2017, so if you're on hold you have a good chance

Good to hear! Seems like there are masses of us 'on hold' but if they're wanting that many drivers by Dec '17 I'm keeping optimistic! :)

Bailos

Hi All,
I'm on hold for NR Sheffield trainee train driver role same depot as you Karl998yr...I applied in March passed interview.and assessment over 7 weeks ago in June. Hopefully we will hear something soon.Things appear to be progressing slowly.

karl998yr

Hi All,
I'm on hold for NR Sheffield trainee train driver role same depot as you Karl998yr...I applied in March passed interview.and assessment over 7 weeks ago in June. Hopefully we will hear something soon.Things appear to be progressing slowly.

Having read some of the posts on here then assessment centres are still taking place so fingers crossed its just a case of once enough candidates have passed to fill a training course then it will progress.
I read a post somewhere that said training courses were scheduled for september so if thats correct then the wait shouldnt be much longer
Might see you on the training course Bailos!
Speaking of training courses. Does anyone know where the training courses take place?

delticdeano74

Having read some of the posts on here then assessment centres are still taking place so fingers crossed its just a case of once enough candidates have passed to fill a training course then it will progress.
I read a post somewhere that said training courses were scheduled for september so if thats correct then the wait shouldnt be much longer
Might see you on the training course Bailos!
Speaking of training courses. Does anyone know where the training courses take place?

Hi all, I am in the same situation, passed in June for Sheffield, just waiting to hear about a start date too. Training is at Leeds, Neville Hill. Karl998yr are you the guy I was on assessments with end of June, when it was just us two there?

Last edited:

Aboult

Hi twice blue.

I'm in exactly the same place as you. Found out today the positions are full for Darlington.

I was told by hr they don't have any more courses planned as yet and have no idea if there will be any. I will remain optimistic however it doesn't look like there will be places any time soon.

If you do hear any good news regarding a start date please can you let me know. I will do he same. Cheers.

Twice blue

Looks like there are at least 3 of us on hold for Darlington then. Will let you know if I here anything but doesn't look good.

Kit.Frank

Hi twice blue.

I'm in exactly the same place as you. Found out today the positions are full for Darlington.

I was told by hr they don't have any more courses planned as yet and have no idea if there will be any. I will remain optimistic however it doesn't look like there will be places any time soon.

Hi Aboult. I'm also on hold for Darlo. Did HR give you a phonecall then? Just wondering whether to expect any contact from them in the next few days...

Thanks

karl998yr

Hi all, I am in the same situation, passed in June for Sheffield, just waiting to hear about a start date too. Training is at Leeds, Neville Hill. Karl998yr are you the guy I was on assessments with end of June, when it was just us two there?

If you're dean the bus driver that only had to do part of the assessment then yes it was. Good to hear you got through too. Looks like a waiting game now

delticdeano74

If you're dean the bus driver that only had to do part of the assessment then yes it was. Good to hear you got through too. Looks like a waiting game now

Yep that's me! Been wondering how you got on, chuffed to bits you passed mate, well done. Be great if we end up on the same course, should hear something soon I'm tipping.

Aboult

Hi Aboult. I'm also on hold for Darlo. Did HR give you a phonecall then? Just wondering whether to expect any contact from them in the next few days...

Thanks

No I called them. I was hoping that we'd hear this month.

I am trying to keep positive but it's not looking great. I'm really hoping something will come of it I can't see why they would put us through an interview and assessment then nothing happen.... I haven't heard anyone say that happened to them on the forum at least....

Let me know if you hear any better news

Kit.Frank

No I called them. I was hoping that we'd hear this month.

I am trying to keep positive but it's not looking great. I'm really hoping something will come of it I can't see why they would put us through an interview and assessment then nothing happen.... I haven't heard anyone say that happened to them on the forum at least....

Let me know if you hear any better news

Trying to stay positive too. I agree... it'll cost them money to put people through DMI's and assessment days, so I don't see why it would be of benefit to them to then let that go and 'waste' us. As I mentioned before, when I phoned them the lady said I'd have to wait for a position to become available to be assigned to a course, whether that be through a driver leaving or more of them needed. I keep trying to bear that in mind :)

Will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.