• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changes to subsidised services in Lancashire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshman

Established Member
I think you'll find that Yorkshire people like to travel if only to spread the good word and the readings of St. Geoffrey.

We regard the Third World (e.g. Lancashire) as a interesting place and one that might seem quite nice when it's finished. ;)

There is the story that on the sixth day of creation, when God had made the world, the seas, humans and all living creatures, he looked at the bits he had left over, and made Lancashire.

Then he looked again, shuddered, and said 'It's about time I had a rest'. ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
There is the story that on the sixth day of creation, when God had made the world, the seas, humans and all living creatures, he looked at the bits he had left over, and made Lancashire.

Did he then sit down and enjoy a nice cup of Yorkshire tea and a slice of Allinson's bread....the one with "nowt taken out"...:D

pemma

Veteran Member

He started making Lancashire and Yorkshire but then realised there was also an opportunity to create South Wales. However, he didn't have enough parts for all three which was when he realised long term the trees could turn in to coal and provide jobs in all three areas. ;)

Welshman

Established Member
Did he then sit down and enjoy a nice cup of Yorkshire tea and a slice of Allinson's bread....the one with "nowt taken out"...:D

He did indeed.
He also planned a nice apple crumble for the second week, but on reaching the orchard he found the fruit had gone!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.