• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing a standard single ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 valleys

Hi Guys...I bought a standard single ticket from trainline.I need to change the date of the ticket.However I want to travel a day earlier.Can I go to my local booking office and simply pay a change of journey fee of £10 ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
I think you would get a refund minus the £10 admin fee, and then need to buy a new ticket. You should apply for the refund from the place you bought the ticket.

13 valleys

Thanks mate.I had a funny feeling that may be the case.Is a change of journey fee exclusive to advance tickets ?

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Thanks mate.I had a funny feeling that may be the case.Is a change of journey fee exclusive to advance tickets ?

If you bought an advance ticket, it cannot be refunded unless your train is cancelled or delayed. To change it, you would be charged £10+- any difference to the new ticket.

For an off-peak/anytime ticket, the £10 would still apply.

And as an aside, unless it's on a business account, avoid thetrainline. Use the website of the train company you're travelling with and you won't have to pay any fees.

13 valleys

Thanks Jake.Is the £10 fee a admin charge for the refund or is it for the change of journey (date)

island

Veteran Member
For future reference, never use thetrainline. It sells the same tickets as every train company website and then adds on a booking fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.