• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing Cab Brightness

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Again, another .beacon command, I think...? In the Northern Line v3, for example, just after Golders Green, the line goes into a tunnel, and the brightness of the cab goes from bright, to really black with highlighted dials/buttons etc. I just wondered if it was a .beacon command that made this happen, if so, what is it? And if not, what does do this?
Thanks a lot! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Code:
.brightness 0;
I think you need that, there is no beacon code for it as it is a default for BVE4 IIRC.

The Snap

Established Member
OK, that's great. What is the code for the cab lightening up again, as it comes out of a tunnel> (.brightness 100 or something?).
Thanks,

Tom B

Established Member
No, brightness has 256 possibilities, thus it is 0 - 255.

Brightness 0 will give you a totally black cab, I used 20 I think to simulate tunnels. Otherwise you can't see a thing!

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
No, brightness has 256 possibilities, thus it is 0 - 255.

Brightness 0 will give you a totally black cab, I used 20 I think to simulate tunnels. Otherwise you can't see a thing!

OK, I'll use 20. is it 256 for the complete outer-tunnel cab (the original)?

Tom B

Established Member
Rhys said:
and then its a trial and error

Not really, you can reduce the brightness of a cab image and see what it looks like in another program.

Richard: Nope, it's 255, as there are 256 values and the lowest is 0.[/quote]

The Snap

Established Member
Not really, you can reduce the brightness of a cab image and see what it looks like in another program.

Richard: Nope, it's 255, as there are 256 values and the lowest is 0.

Thanks, I'll sort it out now! :D

The Snap

Established Member
Sorted! Not quite though! :( I put in .brightness 255, at the top of my With Track section (along with the height etc), and then put in .brightness 20, when I enter a tunnel. However, the cab foes dark well before the tunnel, and stays that way until i come out of the tunnel, where I put the .brightness 255 again!!!??? Do I ned to put .brightness 255 every 500m or something? Help please! :D

Tom B

Established Member
If you have, say

100,.brightness 255,
200,.brightness 20,

BVE will calculate a graduated change from 255 to 20 between 100 and 200m. Thus you need another .brightness 255, where you want the graduation to begin.

HTH

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
If you have, say

100,.brightness 255,
200,.brightness 20,

BVE will calculate a graduated change from 255 to 20 between 100 and 200m. Thus you need another .brightness 255, where you want the graduation to begin.

HTH

Ahhhhh! :D BVE is very good, but extremely complicated. But, I supose it is easy when you get used to it. I'll try that, and let you know how I get on! :D
Thanks Tom! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.