• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Changing Stations' - London Underground Piano Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielLiamGlyn

Hi everyone,

I've been pondering over whether to post here for a while. I hope no one minds me introducing myself to discuss the work I have done in connection with the London Underground.. so here goes!

I'm Daniel Liam Glyn, a Manchester based composer and also a London Underground fanatic. A few years ago when I lived in London I had a little idea for a new piano piece whilst journeying home from work on the Underground. This little idea turned into a full body of work, and has since developed into 11-track album for piano. I've now been putting the finishing touches to 'Changing Stations', an album based on the 11 main lines of the London Underground. I have Grapheme Colour Synaesthesia (a neurological condition where I perceive musical notes and key signatures in colours along with letters, words and numbers) which I have channelled through the pieces on the record.

The composition is complete, and so is the majority of the recording. However in order for the album to fully come to life, my music team are opening it up to the public to help fund the final aspects of the project through Kickstarter on a 30 day campaign. We have spent the last couple of weeks putting together the campaign that explains the album in further detail, what we aim to raise and what we’d be using the funding for. As an incentive, people who kindly pledge will receive the album back for free by selecting from the list of 'Rewards' on the page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/93846133/changing-stations-london-underground-piano-album-p

I hope you may find this some interest - any support in the form of a share, a retweet or any kind donation will be greatly appreciated.

You read about the story behind the project in full at www.changingstations.london - you can follow the album's twitter account too @CSAlbumProject

Thanks for reading!
Daniel

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanielLiamGlyn

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update on this project campaign - we're only about 46% of the way funded and have just 10 days left to each target. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If possible we'd really benefit from a Facebook post, or a retweet, or even a kind donation to go towards us being able to release this later in the year. I'm staying positive we can do it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/93846133/changing-stations-london-underground-piano-album-p

We've had a pledge from one of my favourite composers Eric Whitacre, along with generous donations by fans of the London Underground from a trip to the capital last week. We were lucky enough to have a retweet from Jools Holland too!

Many thanks for reading :) Hope you are all well

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.