• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing terminus station for BVE 2 routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturdjos

Is there any way that I could change the terminus / start station for the Circle line, to TWR HILL? (I presume I would have to e-mail Paul Jobber to ask for permission before I do anything??)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LondonBVE

Well just delete the station and ask people like Rich or Tom to help you. Contact Paul Jobber to ask for permission to do anything. Hmm..... Yes, but it is a bit hard to contact him.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
You only need permission if it's going to be released publically. For you're own use, or private distribution to family and friends, no permission is needed. As far as changing the terminus station, it's quite easy. All you need to do is search through the file for the .sta command for Tower Hill. This will be layed out in the following form:
.sta name;arrival time;departure time;(various other things that are irrelavent to this).
All you need to do is replace the departure time with = and this will tell BVE that this is a terminus. If you want to alter the platform though, so that the train goes into the bay, it's much more difficult, and would require the recoding of most of the route from where the train left the original route to the terminus. It can also be done with BRR, using random paths, but the results can be a bit hit and miss (if it works at all), and usually require some modifications to the original file to get BRR to pick up the alternative path, and of the final file to sort any issues with that. One important thing though, before you start modifying any BVE files, make sure you have a backup incase anything goes wrong.

Sturdjos

OK Chris. I will do. However, if i make Tower Hill the terminus / starting station (how can i make it the starting station also??), does this mean that the signal will not clear when I finish the circle?

The Snap

Established Member
Just open the files, find Tower Hill, and cut all that is before it. Then, get all the code from Aldgate to just before Tower Hill, and put it at the very end. What you have done is basically taken all the stations after Aldgate and before Tower Hill from the route; it will be from Tower Hill to Aldgate then. If you then past all the stuff after the end, it will be Tower Hill-Aldgate-Tower Hill! ;)
NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THE DISTANCES, WHICH IS EASY, BUT BORING AND TIME CONSUMING!

Tom B

Established Member
But what if you write an algorithm to do it for you?

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
But what if you write an algorithm to do it for you?

If you could do that, then you are fine, but if not Tom, your basically stick! ;)

Tom B

Established Member
You could do it in your favourite spreadsheet package :).

Sturdjos

Rich said:
Just open the files, find Tower Hill, and cut all that is before it. Then, get all the code from Aldgate to just before Tower Hill, and put it at the very end. What you have done is basically taken all the stations after Aldgate and before Tower Hill from the route; it will be from Tower Hill to Aldgate then. If you then past all the stuff after the end, it will be Tower Hill-Aldgate-Tower Hill! ;)
NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THE DISTANCES, WHICH IS EASY, BUT BORING AND TIME CONSUMING!

How do I change the distances?

LondonBVE

When you mean the distance do you mean the distance of placing object or the distance of the route?

If you say distance of the route here is how you change .

Eg.500,announce xxxxxx; maybe you want it to be more further away then you announce so you must change the distance to maybe 600, announce xxxxxx. It is simple as that.

For object.
Changing the distance for object it is a bit hard. I will explain if you need it.

Regards,

LondonBVE

Status
Not open for further replies.