• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

changing train companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4jackie

if i have got an advance 1st class from edinburgh to preston to travel on advanti and need to change it, can i excess it up to a cheap day single and travel on trans pennine or do i have to stick to advanti trains

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
You can only travel on the original TOC, unfortunately.

BUT

Depending who you bought it off, some of the sites (Trainline based ones in particular) do a change of Advance online by refunding and reissuing, rather than an excess. You may find that if you did buy from one of these sites you will in fact be able to change it for one valid on TPE provided you do it online in advance.

gray1404

Established Member
Did you buy the ticket from TPE or Cross Country and what was your ticket collection method?

RHolmes

I’d recommend sticking to Avanti if you’re travelling first class as TPE currently aren’t offering catering.

That is of course unless you’re wishing to use TPE to sample a class 397

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
if i have got an advance 1st class from edinburgh to preston to travel on advanti and need to change it, can i excess it up to a cheap day single and travel on trans pennine or do i have to stick to advanti trains
This is a bit of a grey area

Where did you buy the ticket? Where is the most convenient ticket office for you? What train are you looking to travel on?

Status
Not open for further replies.