• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Channel 4 Virgin train customer service agents recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastMidsMatt

10pm tonight, Channel 4 showing a program on recruitment for Virgin train customer service agents, might be useful for some wanting to be in the role.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EastMidsMatt

It's tough but you can do it.

Make sure you match your experiences, in life or work, to the qualities they are looking for.

Maybe get someone to help you with the application form.

Stick at it and you'll succeed!

Bromley boy

Established Member
Quite an amusing programme. Although I found the interviewers rather irritating. How anyone can use such awful corporate speak as "create amazing" without cringing is beyond me.

Nice to see at the end the runner up (Jaggert?) was offered the next available job. He looked like he needed a break.

EastMidsMatt

Quite an amusing programme. Although I found the interviewers rather irritating. How anyone can use such awful corporate speak as "create amazing" without cringing is beyond me.

Nice to see at the end the runner up (Jaggert?) was offered the next available job. He looked like he needed a break.
Was Jaggert the Indian chap who lost his dad? He seemed a nice guy.

Bromley boy

Established Member
Was Jaggert the Indian chap who lost his dad? He seemed a nice guy.

That's him.

He did well to come back from saying "I could tell you things about trains you'll never have heard". Not something you should ever say in a railway interview, especially for a customer service focussed role!

EastMidsMatt

Ha! I only watched it for a bit. The woman was asked 'tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?'
She ummed and aarred then said 'err, I, err, there's so many times I do that. I go above and beyond for all my customers.'
Lol.

Bromley boy

Established Member
Ha! I only watched it for a bit. The woman was asked 'tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?'
She ummed and aarred then said 'err, I, err, there's so many times I do that. I go above and beyond for all my customers.'
Lol.

It went rapidly downhill after the railway bit finished. I turned it off when one of the makeup company candidates ended up crying in the toilets half way through the interview.

Up_Tilt_390

I watched it last night, and though I didn’t have a problem with the young black girl, I felt the other guy was more deserving of the job. He seemed better at maintaining eye contact and interacting with people, and he just had a nice vibe to him. Aside from his opening comment about his knowledge of trains he did well. The girl on the other hand stuttered and couldn’t maintain eye contact as much, and so she didn’t seem as confident really.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Personally the gent should have be awarded the role flrst time round, made up he eventually got a job well deserved he’ll put in many years of service I think.

On the other hand the lady who got it - who seemed to be a flighter, a year maybe and she’ll be off to the next job that attracts a good salary.

I wonder how the filmed for tv was cleared with the candidates, and union ?

I’d feel under pressure that if i didn’t agree to a filmed interview I could kiss goodbye to the job perhaps ?

Worldwide

I seen the Virgin Trains part however I suspect that’s only just part of it. I think you have to do tests and an assessment day etc

Dynamonic

I seen the Virgin Trains part however I suspect that’s only just part of it. I think you have to do tests and an assessment day etc

Yeah, I believe the narrator mentioned at the beginning that the candidates had reached this final stage of the process.

I quite enjoyed the programme. It did make me cringe in places though! :lol:

whhistle

On Moderation
The term "manager" is so blasé these days it's not even worth mentioning.
I mean, those who are "managers" seem to think it means they should get a red carpet or a medal.
I don't treat a manager any different to anyone else in the company.

choochoochoo

Established Member
The term "manager" is so blasé these days it's not even worth mentioning.
I mean, those who are "managers" seem to think it means they should get a red carpet or a medal.
I don't treat a manager any different to anyone else in the company.

Feel the same about the term 'engineer'. These days it's given to almost anyone who maintains and repairs things. Whereas it used to mean someone who had the skills, knowledge and imagination to design and create things.

Status
Not open for further replies.