In order to update the forum software, this afternoon from 13.00 some members may find that for short periods the forum is unavailable. Please ensure that you have made any posts before this time as any unsent messages may be lost.

Chapel en le Frith to Exeter - February

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Chapeltom, 20 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapeltom

Chapeltom Established Member

Went to see my football team Sheffield Wednesday for the first time in a few years yesterday and loved it, so looking at my next away days in the New Year.

Exeter City away on Saturday 11th February. Is there any splits/tricks that could get this fare reasonable (affordable!) ? Its £36.30 with a Young Persons with advanced tickets, which yes for the distance is good (£75 off peak return). Obviously wanting to arrive at 1 ish and leave about 5, latest 6pm

Am I likely to beat £36.30 or is it the best I'm going to get?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. dzug2

dzug2 Member

I'm not offering to look it up, but occasionally a string of advance tickets can work out cheaper, albeit only marginally, than through ones. Or marginally more - it isn't a universal thing.

I'd suggest looking up splits in Brum, Cheltenham, Bristol and Taunton.

4. starrymarkb

starrymarkb Established Member

Also I'd get a ticket to St Davids then pay the £1ish to St James's Park (though the ground is walking distance from Central)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.