• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Charles de Gaulle airport to Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
What is the best way to get between the two?

Is it simply the RER changing in the centre?

And does anyone have any experience of how simple it is?

Ta in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BigCj34

There is a direct TGV link, which takes 10 minutes but will cost you around £25, according to voyages-sncf.com.

EAD

Well as the crow flies they really are not far apart with one North East and one just East of Paris. Car is essentially 30 mins all in (driving round the outside on the A104). Going via the centre will add massively to journey time e.g. RER > RER and would not be under say 1h30.

The LGV Interconnexion Est (the High Speed Line round Paris on which both locations have a station - the CDG one is at Terminal 2) essentially is a connection between the main high speed routes North, East and South of Paris and does for rail what the A104 does. That means a very short but expensive trip as BigCj34 mentions - you have to book for a specific TGV and fares seem to run from EUR25.

Of course there is the direct Eurostar from London and trains from Lille/Brussels to Marne-la-Vallée (where you are heading), but I am guessing a flight into CDG was easier/cheaper from where you are coming from?

Veteran Member
The magical-shuttle bus is €23 so not very different to tgv, but various sites say its easiest?!

Otherwise RER is apparently €17.50 rebooking in central Paris

Last edited:

EAD

sng7

If they are a couple of you the TGV is best in my experience, its quick and when i did it cheaper than the bus, if you are a family it would probably be cheaper and easier to get a private shuttle.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
There are 5-6 of us all adults going. No little ones (unless you define us as littles ones as we are going with parents anyway). Ah so the RER isn't that great or much cheaper.

We will definitely be flying. Coming from Leeds so getting to London is just a faff with 6 adults and very expensive without driving to catch Eurostar which defeats the object of taking cheaper flights from London which we do not want to do due to cost of/driving time down.

Would love to do the TGV though so if that is an option I bet i could convince the rest to join me. We are going to a specific hotel but its not one of the ones that is miles and miles from the station.

Thanks for advice so far. Looks like RER isn't a good option!

Status
Not open for further replies.