• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Charter Train' at Birmingham New Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJames

Hi all, I was at Birmingham New Street today on my way back from an open day at Arriva's depot in Tamworth, and there was a Charter train on the departure boards. I didn't stick around to see it, however, it passed the 390 that I was on just south of Birmingham International. Does anyone have any idea of what it was or where it was going?

I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get out at International now, but ah well, can't photograph them all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sounds like the GBRF lunchtime circular trip with Class 50s

DJames

Any clue what time? There was West Coast a charter that did something like Birmingham International-Oxford-Swindon-Worcester-New St-International today. It had Mark 2s in the formation in faux-Pullman livery.

Edit: Scrub that, I should have looked it up before posting! It didn't do New St (I saw this service: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U10772/2018/08/05/advanced).

That's odd then, it did have Mark 2's in what looked like the Pullman livery, however it was heading north just south of International. The boards at New Street also referenced that there would be a charter, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.