• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Charter Trains Under GB Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Funny, I was just wondering that, I presume they would have some sort of special charter side as their predecessors.

zwk500

Veteran Member
They will work much as they do now, I imagine. Submit a bid for the route and times, it gets planned by GBR planners and handed back for them to finalise crew and send out tickets, etc. The operators will still own their own stock and will effectively function the same way FOCs do.

StephenHunter

Established Member
It says that open access operators will be allowed to operate under regulator. The charter TOCs are basically that.

alexl92

Established Member
The plans for GBR feature Sir Peter Hendy very heavily don't they? He's a big friend to heritage services on the mainline so I'd imagine as long as he has a say, they'll continue to operate.

zwk500

Veteran Member
The plans for GBR feature Sir Peter Hendy very heavily don't they? He's a big friend to heritage services on the mainline so I'd imagine as long as he has a say, they'll continue to operate.
Charters were around long before Mr Hendy, they'll stay while he's here and they will still be there once he's gone. He is a friend of the heritage sector, but there's a lot more to charters running than getting the boss of NR on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.