• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chavs at Westbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

davethomas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/7090914.stm
Railway staff abused at station

Railway station staff barricaded themselves into their premises after a group of youths began abusing them and causing trouble, it has emerged.

Trains were delayed for up to 30 minutes and the police were called during the incident at Westbury Station early on Saturday morning.

Passenger John Boxall said: "The crew said someone had something thrown at him and that it had happened before."

First Great Western said it was first such incident at the station.

It is thought the youths came out of a nearby nightclub just before 0700 GMT, before descending on the station.

A Wiltshire Police spokesman said it was initially thought up to 50 youths were involved, but this was later re-estimated to be about 30.

A spokesman for First Great Western, which runs the station, said: "About 10 to 20 youths - allegedly drunk - descended on the station and became abusive.

"About 35 more then turned up and ran across the tracks. All trains were put on stop."

I used to live in Westbury, so this doesn't surprise me at all. No mention of any arrests :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSEFAN

Established Member
About 35 more then turned up and ran across the tracks. All trains were put on stop.

I didn't realise Chavs lived in packs :lol:

Seriously though, I thought there were barriers at Westbury to stop scum like this.

Why do they have to pick on the station, of all places?

me123

Established Member
Why do they have to pick on the station, of all places?

In my experience, the lights at the station attract them like flies. Of course, the fact that they could be risking their lives is of no interest to them.

For the riskier neds/chavs, they have enough light that isn't UV to see their veins (at least, that's what happens in Lanarkshire).

Gizmogle

Established Member
Why are people like this? Our country is just getting worse and worse. The whole gang situation is something that really worries me.
Everyday you see someone in the paper that was stabbed or even killed by these kind of people.

It's everywhere aswell, obviously it's much worse in larger cities, but even in a small place like my hometown of Buxton I feel intimidated by some of the local people that walk around in hoods and tracksuits. I have to get a taxi home from the bus stop at night, which is just a 15 minute walk, because I don't feel safe at night. Me and 960012 almost got mugged in Buxton too.

It's terrible when they start to abuse staff though. People that are paid to help them. If these people were stuck at a station or didn't have money for a ticket, you can guarentee that they would be looking to the same staff that they abuse to help them out.

My Station can be pretty bad for chavs and Fights, thing is im not missing 73s just prepared to run away quick if needed

Dennis

Established Member
One of the consequences of the extended drinking times permitted by our health concsious government; it's not uncommon for me to see pi$$heads stumbling around in the road when I'm going to work in the morning (coincidentally just up the road from Westbury station) - these people are a hazard to themselves and others.

Jim

Established Member
Left a nightclub at 7am? Is it just me, or does that imply that they don't have jobs? Morons.

It was in to a Saturday morning in fairness.

Seriouslly though,this is not the first time it has happened at WEstbury with all these 'ravers' going home, and won't be the last.

sam100

dont let these sort of people intimidate you. drink will always make people behave differently, but certain kinds of people seem the need to 'show off' in front of there mates. it makes me laugh really, i just hope they look back in 20years time and think what an idiot they were, and another thing -what goes around comes around, so im sure one day these 'chavs' will experience the same unpleasent situation.
but really dont let these clowns bother you.

Jim

Established Member
If I am perfectly honest, it takes more than a bunch of clowns to get Westbury staff to do something as extreme!

westbury has a nightclub, well im shocked -always thought it was such a quiet sleepy place.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Whadda mean, Jim's got his priorities straight...I'm sure he'd rather be on a HST all night long than a nightclub. Although he's usually (sensibly!) using that time to sleep. Sorted.

These morons though, well I have to admit I've always seen Westbury as a little tiny village with next to nothing there of interest. To hear it has a nightclub, well I'm shocked.

Sprog

Established Member
If I am perfectly honest, it takes more than a bunch of clowns to get Westbury staff to do something as extreme!

clowns.jpg

WESTBURY KREW MASSIVE

schmoo_smith

maybe people could stop being stereotypical, and possibly consider the facts surrounding the incident i.e club ice a over 18's night, therefore people involved in this childish and dangerous behavior are highly more likely to be party revellers from the club night rather than YOUNG PEOPLE whose parents let them out til 7am, it should also be considered that club ice should take responsibility for the their patrons, i.e checking of all people who may be under 18. Most importantly i think all users of this forum need to be sensitive about what they say as there are users of this forum who are younger, would we tar them with the same brush, because at the minute some users comments have been that way.

This whole "Chavs" and "Youths" thing is disgusting and very detrimental.

Left a nightclub at 7am? Is it just me, or does that imply that they don't have jobs? Morons.

so all people who don't have jobs are morons?

Established Member
maybe people could stop being stereotypical, and possibly consider the facts surrounding the incident i.e club ice a over 18's night, therefore people involved in this childish and dangerous behavior are highly more likely to be party revellers from the club night rather than YOUNG PEOPLE whose parents let them out til 7am, it should also be considered that club ice should take responsibility for the their patrons, i.e checking of all people who may be under 18. Most importantly i think all users of this forum need to be sensitive about what they say as there are users of this forum who are younger, would we tar them with the same brush, because at the minute some users comments have been that way.

This whole "Chavs" and "Youths" thing is disgusting and very detrimental.

so all people who don't have jobs are morons?

I'm not a moron Im only 13, I have chavs at my school and there all around my local railway station, but that dosen't bouther me there just people who like to look abit stupid and act stupid to normal people who don't dress as gangsters or whatever...

class 313

Established Member
I'm not a moron Im only 13, I have chavs at my school and there all around my local railway station, but that dosen't bouther me there just people who like to look abit stupid and act stupid to normal people who don't dress as gangsters or whatever...

And thats exacly why I have a problem with them and why it bothers me. Bunch chavs are usually anti-social and can often scare the public around them. Chavs have struck fear into local towns and city's. More needs to be done about this drunken mess on our streets and chavs in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.