• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

cheap fairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragsie76

me any my family want to go to london this friday 8th june there is 2 adults 1 child we have a family rail card we going from ashchurch for tewkesbury to centre of london we want to got around 6am get back around 9pm we want to go cheapest way possible

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
A local resident to Tewkesbury, im from Tewkesbury myself.

Would you require tickets for the Underground?

You mention 'Central London' where abouts are you heading to?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
The full price via Stroud is £220.45 and via Any Permitted route is £270.30!

To be honest, at that time in the morning it will be hard to get any really good prices.

It's possible to get to Reading via Worcester and Evesham for a sensible price in the morning (around £50), but once at Reading you're going to have to pay a heap more to come back in the peak. In fact, the best option from Reading is a Thames Branches Day Ranger, but that doesn't have a Family and Friends discount, so would be £43.75. See http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr601e4c0a04000200f63dfe8f29a46f/details.html

Total cost would be around £95

Tickets are as follows (for 2 adults and 1 child). These are based on taking the 07.34 from Ashchurch, change at Worcester. You can take any train back (but it must go through Oxford and Worcester). Using these you would get into London at 11am and could choose to leave at 18.22 for connections home. Be aware that the service from Worcester to Ashchurch is infrequent when choosing trains home.

ASHCHURCH to WORCESTER STNS
ANYTIME DAY R
Fare £12.80
Route ANY PERMITTED

WORCESTER STNS to OXFORD
OFF-PEAK DAY R
Fare £24.15
Route ANY PERMITTED
Restriction (W6)

OXFORD to READING STATIONS
OFF-PEAK DAY R
Fare £12.60
Route ANY PERMITTED
Restriction (W3)

THAMES BRANCHES DAY RANGER
Fare £43.75
If you wish to go via Stroud, taking the 07.05 arriving 09.39 AND CHANGING AT READING FOR THE FIRST SERVICE AFTER 9.30am and returning on any train via Stroud, you could use the following set of tickets, which would cost £136. Remember that your trains must stop at Reading, Didcot and Swindon.

ASHCHURCH to SWINDON (WILTS)
ANYTIME DAY R
Fare £34.90
Route VIA STROUD

SWINDON (WILTS) to DIDCOT PARKWAY
Outward: ANYTIME DAY S
Route ANY PERMITTED
Fare £30.30
Return: SUPER OFFPEAK S
Route ANY PERMITTED
Fare £13.60
Restriction (W2)

DIDCOT PARKWAY to READING STATIONS
ANYTIME DAY R
Fare £13.60
Route ANY PERMITTED

THAMES BRANCHES DAY RANGER
Fare £43.75
NOT VALID BEFORE 9.30am - you will have to change at Reading and wait for 9.30am
Your final option is to go via Birmingham, making use of the special offer that allows railcard holders to travel on peak Virgin trains using off peak tickets. You could catch the 06.20 from Ashchurch, change at Shrub Hill to get to New Street at 07.46. There are trains to Euston every 20 mins from there. Make sure your return train stops at Droitwich. Suitable tickets would cost £95.85 and be:

ASHCHURCH to DROITWICH SPA
ANYTIME DAY R
Fare £13.75
Route ANY PERMITTED

DROITWICH SPA to BIRMINGHAM STNS
ANYTIME DAY R
Fare £13.15
Route ANY PERMITTED

BIRMINGHAM STNS to LONDON
OFF-PEAK R
Fare £70.95
Route: ANY PERMITTED