• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheap places to visit in the countryside

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I'm looking to visit the countryside tomorrow with a friend. They live in Harringay and I live in Guildford. I have a Gold Card and they don't. They may not have a Network Rail card either.

Can anyone recommend any expectionally cheap places to visit? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather they weren't publically mentioned on here.

I did wonder about going to St Neots. Only ever been through it by train. Henley on Thames might be another option.

I was in Eynsford last Thursday and that was rather beautiful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I suppose cheapness depends on what you want to do. Just looking and walking: free. I don't think Henley will be the cc cheapest for eating and drinking, though it is an attractive town. Don't know St Neots - it might be handy for your N London friends though..

mmh

Established Member
What sort of place are you after? Countryside or town, or do you mean a picturesque town?

One nearer to you, one nearer to your friend are Arundel and Ware, both very pleasant little towns.

infobleep

Veteran Member
What sort of place are you after? Countryside or town, or do you mean a picturesque town?

One nearer to you, one nearer to your friend are Arundel and Ware, both very pleasant little towns.
Thanks for the replies

They just wanted to get away from walking in a city. So I thought a smal town with countryside around it or even river.

I'm bringing a picnic so cafës not required.

They have since suggested Richmond Park. I consider anything in London a city.

I guess when you live in somewhere like Harringay, your view of what is countryside is, is different to someone who lives in a place like Guildford! :lol: :lol:

Richmond Park would be reasonably cheap for both of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.