• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest Edinbugh to Glasgow Single?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
Can you still get CC only tickets for mad cheap. I'm looking to make this journey in a couple of hours,

Not as cheap as they once were. £8 or £12 in first is still better than the £12.80 any permitted.

Can anyone tell me how I get one? At the station? First class sounds awesome, will I get a coffee?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Please help I am hungover as ****.

Liam

Established Member
Can anyone tell me how I get one? At the station? First class sounds awesome, will I get a coffee?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Please help I am hungover as ****.

Just ask at the ticket desk for a XC single, not sure what you get in first between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

John @ home

Established Member
Can anyone tell me how I get one? At the station?
Yes, the booking office will sell you a ticket for CrossCountry trains only.
First class sounds awesome
On CrossCountry, it's not.
will I get a coffee?
Not normally. My understanding is that CrossCountry don't offer any on-board catering north of Newcastle. Their web site states:
Catering services are not available between Plymouth and Penzance (except on those services to / from Newquay), Edinburgh Waverley and Dundee/Aberdeen, or on selected services between Edinburgh Waverley and Glasgow Central.

http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/customer-service/food-and-drink

Last edited:

calc7

Established Member
I have had coffee, biscuits and soft drinks whenever I've done this stint in 1st on XC

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
XC do offer catering at certain times of the day between Glasgow and Newcastle.

There was no XC train on the board so I hoped on Scotrail and lucked out as it came into platform 11 and everyone was huddled down one end of the train, got a table down the front with a random diagonal opposite, jackets as blanket, perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.