• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest Peak Return from Canterbury West to St Pancras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabes

There are a few tickets that allow weekday travel from Canterbury West to St Pancras via HS1 as a peak journey.

An Anytime Day Return is £72.70
But as part of my normal routine ticket purchasing I've occasionally travelled on through routes that are valid by this journey that are cheaper than this.

What is the cheapest way to buy a ticket that is valid on this route? I have a network rail card so there may be a way with a single peak and discounted super off peak return leg.

And for bonus points I wonder what the cheapest day return journey starting during off-peak and super off-peak would be? (I have assumed for the latter that a normal off-peak return with network rail card is the best way)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
You might want to enquire about joining one of the secret squirrel forums for tips on this route. There are a lot of tickets which offer discounted travel on HS1. Bear in mind Southeastern do read this forum and have been known to screenshot posts which they circulate internally for discussion and to get the kind of thing you are wanting to discuss shut down so it benefits nobody to discuss them in public.

An alternative is doing what I do and check the Routeing Guide or fares database for tickets that allow travel on HS1 but cost less than the market price set by Southeastern - the system is littered with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.