• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest route Luton to Plymouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asylumxl

Established Member
Just wondering the cheapest route.

Date is not a major issue, any time within this week will work. I have a young persons railcard.

Normally I just buy Standard Returns, as this is the cheapest I can find, without splitting.

Thanks for any help :D

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mathmo

Single or return? Same day return or a different day? Makes a big difference!

mathmo

I can't find anything cheaper than the Off-Peak return at £54.10 with a railcard, I'm afraid. There isn't a realistic route other than Luton - St Pancras - Paddington - Plymouth, so there's no way of saving money by avoiding London or anything like that. That's a walk-up fare so if you avoid the morning and evening peaks you can just buy it at the station.

asylumxl

Established Member
I can't find anything cheaper than the Off-Peak return at £54.10 with a railcard, I'm afraid. There isn't a realistic route other than Luton - St Pancras - Paddington - Plymouth, so there's no way of saving money by avoiding London or anything like that. That's a walk-up fare so if you avoid the morning and evening peaks you can just buy it at the station.

That's what I thought :) thank you for your help though.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've tried splitting at a few obvious places but getting nowhere, even looked at going the slower route through Honiton. Looks like it just might be one of those few routes where splitting isn't cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.