• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest way from Stansted Mountfitchet to Bristol Temple Meads

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockford

Hello - I'm looking for some fares advice please.
I'm looking the cheapest way to travel the following journey:

Stansted Mountfitchet (SST) to Bristol Temple Meads (BRI)

1 person has 16-25 railcard and requires a ticket for the full journey.
1 person has a season ticket covering SST to Liverpool Street (LST) and associated annual gold card.

Oyster cards could also be used for cross-London connections.
Committing to specific trains is OK.

Dates:
Out Friday 20/07/2012 leaving after 6pm
Return Sunday 22/07/2012 leaving after 2pm

Thank you! :smile:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
For the Y-P holder, the outbound journey can be had for £7.90 if an arrival time of 0129 is acceptable. Otherwise a number of departures are available for £13.85.

For the return journey, there are plenty of tickets available for £15.50, or £13.85 for the 1200 or 1900 departure. £11.90 on the 2000.

For the Gold Card holder, tickets could be bought from Zone U1* London to include travel on the Underground however the add-on would not be discounted as part of the Advance. The 0129 arrival can be had for £10 if booking from Paddington and paying for cross-London transfer separately (£1.30 on Oyster PAYG loaded with the Gold Card discount), or £13 if bought from Zone U1* London, or £12 if bought from SST (with cross-London transfer included). (Crazy, I know!) Departures corresponding to the £13.85 fare for the Y-P holder can be had for £18 if booked from Paddington, or £21 if booked from Zone U1* London or SST.

For the return journey, £18 on the 1200 or 1900, or £15 on the 2000, all booked to Paddington. Add £3 for Zone U1* London so it will be cheaper to use Oyster.

These fares are very reasonable and I doubt there would be anything cheaper. However I cannot guarantee that these are the absolute cheapest at the moment.

All fares quoted are Advance fares so you will need to travel on the trains booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.