• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Checking if ticket restrictions were lifted between Christmas and New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
If there a way I can access ticket restriction data to check if restrictions for a certain ticket restriction code applied/or were lifted between Christmas and New Year end of 2019? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Restrictions in many cases were lifted or eased by TOC rather than by restriction code, so you may not find a complete answer even if the information is still available.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If there a way I can access ticket restriction data to check if restrictions for a certain ticket restriction code applied/or were lifted between Christmas and New Year end of 2019? Thanks.
If you have a copy of the fares data at that time, inspecting the data would give you the answer.

If you bought a ticket through a helpful retailer and a TOC incorrectly charged you, claiming the ticket wasn't valid, and you are in dispute with the TOC, some retailers will look this up for you. I have known that happen.

gray1404

Established Member
Sadly I purchased the ticket from Chiltern.

This ticket here http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?...pert=on&flow=0&multi=0&fare=1&rte=311&tkt=CDR

The Unpublished Restrictions for this year show: Wed 23 Dec 2020 Thurs 31 Dec 2020 Mo Tu Fr
Thus showing that the restriction will not apply on 23 December 2020 as it is a Wednesday or 24 December 2020 as it is a Thursday, 30 December 2020 as it is a Wednesday and 31 December as it is a Thursday.

What I am wanting to know though if it something similar applied December gone for this ticket. Specifically, if on Monday 30 December 2019 just gone?

kieron

Established Member
I have a copy of the restrictions from the May-September 2019 period, for what it's worth. It gives the Christmas week restrictions as "Mon, Thu & Fri 24/12-31/12", which means peak restrictions applied on 26/12, 27/12 & 30/12.

I'd want to check with Merseyrail or Merseytravel whether these were actually when they enforced peak restrictions. A Saveaway is valid all day on bank holidays, so imposing peak restrictions on any tickets on Boxing Day sounds a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.