• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Checking my tickets are valid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon11

Established Member
Hi All

I was originally planning to head to Manchester and back a few days later. I have a West Ruislip to Manchester Off Peak return.

However, on the return trip, I wish to travel via Machynlleth and stay for a few days before heading back home. I have thus purchased a return from Wolverhampton to Machynlleth (travelling via Wolverhampton both ways).

Are these tickets valid for the full journey?

I'm sure on the return trip, the staff at Manchester Pic will want to record the date on my ticket. Do I ask them to record that this is just to Wolverhampton?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
The West Ruislip to Manchester offpeak return is valid via Wolverhampton (and asking for "via Wolverhampton" offers, for example, itineraries via Marylebone with a change at Banbury or Leamington (as alternatives to via Euston)). So what you propose will be valid.

causton

Established Member
I'm sure on the return trip, the staff at Manchester Pic will want to record the date on my ticket. Do I ask them to record that this is just to Wolverhampton?

You can do, but if they refuse, a marking on the ticket does not necessarily mean it has been finished with on that date. If you could provide proof such as a printed itinerary of what trains you took on that day and what trains you intend to catch on the second day, the staff might be more inclined to believe you if they didn't already. Especially if you can get reservations etc. But this is all a worst case scenario and hopefully you will speak to someone with a bit of common sense :)

Simon11

Established Member
Thanks for your responses. I guess I always have the return tickets to Mach, which will show the reason for the break of journey made on the main ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.