• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheltenham freight derailment, this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm a little surprised that It hasn't been mentioned on here about this morning's freight derailement just south of Cheltenham Spa.

It happened at 05:35 this morning (18/10/05), with apparantly 66221 & 60018 the locos on the train involved. Headcode for the service might be 6V49. This info has been copied from Yahoo's The_Track_Talk_Page group.

As a consequence, Virgin was having alot of disruption to services in the area during the rush hour.

More info is available on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/today.html

Ian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
But it only appeared on this section ( the national rail bit) of Rail U.K at least an hour or two after my post. You can see this, by looking at the times listed of me & Yorkie's posting's in comparison. This is why I thought it hadn't been mentioned.

I hope it isn't going to be closed till AT LEAST next week, as I'm going from Manchester to Someset next Monday... :?

I can just get the 13:12 from Brum by the looks of the replacement timetable though, taking an hour longer.

Where abouts do the Voyagers get delayed/diverted south of Cheltenham? Lucikly, I'm in first class, where it hopefully won't be so packed, with 2 services on one 220/221.

Ian

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
voyagerdude220 said:
But it only appeared on this section ( the national rail bit) of Rail U.K at least an hour or two after my post. You can see this, by looking at the times listed of me & Yorkie's posting's in comparison. This is why I thought it hadn't been mentioned.

Eh?
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:06 pm - yours
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:46 am - yorkie's

Status
Not open for further replies.