• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheltenham to Trowbridge via Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Going to Birmingham on Saturday (12th March) on a Trowbridge to Cheltenham Spa Off Peak Day Return and a Cheltenham - Birmingham New Street Off Peak Day Return split ticket.

Going out on the SWT service to Bristol then the 0800 Bristol to Birmingham. I'm in no real rush to get back and as I fancy clocking up a bit of rail miles, I thought of coming back a different way by going straight down to Cheltenham then going to Swindon via Kemble then Swindon to Trowbridge via Melksham.

Is this actually valid on an off peak day return on the Trowbridge to Cheltenham ticket? I tried looking it up on GWR's journey planner to see if the ticket comes up when putting Cheltenham to Trowbride via Swindon but it say's no tickets can be found for this journey.

If no ticket exists via Swindon, then could it be used to go on that route?

If not it doesn't matter, was just an idea really!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
If on a weekday, Wouldn't the direct train rule come into use if you decided to travel on the 17:39 Cheltenham to Southampton service (via Swindon)

(Which used to be the hired in SWT 158)

Last edited:

Romilly

Established Member
On a Saturday, the direct-train rule should allow you to travel back on the 20:01 Cheltenham-Westbury service which runs via Kemble, Swindon and Trowbridge. This is certainly showing as valid with a Trowbridge-Cheltenham offpeak day return on the Virgin Trains East Coast journey planner.

Status
Not open for further replies.