• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chester Plusbus Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

rww100

This afternoon I'm planning on getting a Chester Plusbus ticket rather than purchasing my bus ticket (for onward travel with Arriva Buses Wales) separately on the bus as I have in the past.

The Plusbus website shows that the Plusbus price is an extra £1.35 (YP discount), but WebTIS is showing it as only £1.30. I realise it's only a difference of 5p, but surely WebTIS is correct?

Also, what do bus drivers tend to be like when it comes to accepting these tickets? Is it worth printing off all the details from the website to prove that it's valid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
In my local area when plusbus first came out there were few drivers who seemed unsure and stated "this is a bus we do not accept rail tickers" - although I never personally saw anyone refused travel after the passenger explained their ticket.

Most buses in the scheme seem to have a plusbus sticker in the window just as you board to the right - stating "plusbus tickets accepted where valid". You could point this out to the driver if queried.

Although you do not need to I see no reason for you not to print off the terms & conditions for your own piece of mind. Having a copy of the validity map for the appropriate area could be handy too.

In practise you should not have any problems. Happy travelling. :)

calc7

Established Member
0.66 * £2.00 = £1.32 so I assume it's a rounding error on somebody's part.

rww100

Thanks for the feedback - it worked perfectly and turned out to be £1.30 in the end.

A satisfying saving of £2.50 from the usual £3.80 for a five mile round trip. :)

martinsh

Established Member
Only trouble I've ever had (not at Chester) is a driver asking to see the rail ticket that accompanied it.

Agree, that carrying validity map, and list of accepting operators would be a good idea.

island

Veteran Member
Only trouble I've ever had (not at Chester) is a driver asking to see the rail ticket that accompanied it.

I wonder how that could be done if the ticket had been swallowed by the barriers!

Status
Not open for further replies.