• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chester Station Ticket Office and Delay Repay Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkender102

Has anyone any idea what time Chester Station Ticket Office Closes tonight (Saturday) and what time it opens tomorrow morning (Sunday)?

I'v checked the National Rail Site and it says 06:30 - 22:30 and Sunday 07:30 - 22:00. I'm absolutely positive I've never seen the ticket office open that late on a Saturday or that early on a Sunday.

The reason I ask is I've tickets for 4th day of The Ashes Test tomorrow at the Oval and I need to wait till end of play today to see if there will be any play tomorrow. When I know there is I can then go and purchase an Off Peak Return for me and my son with Railcard using £70 worth of Vouchers I have from Delay Repay. I can't buy the ticket online with them and I want to use them up so it means I'v to buy them the station ticket office. If it's not open tonight or tomorrow morning what option do I have - can I buy on the train with the vouchers?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Carntyne

Probably best to check with ATW on 0333 321 1202 directly as they operate the station?

Veteran Member
If the office isn't open you can buy on train with RTVs just as if you were boarding at an unstaffed station.

I hope your trip is required!

parkender102

Probably best to check with ATW on 0333 321 1202 directly as they operate the station?

Thanks for the number - they only seem to give the car parking number on the National Rail Chester Station Page.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If the office isn't open you can buy on train with RTVs just as if you were boarding at an unstaffed station.

I hope your trip is required!

My last chance of Ashes Cricket this year! A dead rubber maybe but might get to see them lift the urn - that's unless the rain arrives!

A sorry story this year - had Cardiff Test Tickets but had to sell as had another appointment. Had Edgbaston day 4 tickets and game finished after 3 days and had 5th day tickets for Trent Bridge and that finished in 2 days!

Thanks for the info regards buying tickets on the train - I can always fall back on that option.

Daysaver

I can tell you now that those times are correct . What you may not notice is when all the glass doors are closed over it actually looks like the office isn't open . It is however, but only the window nearest the bookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.