• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chester to Exeter St Davids

Status
Not open for further replies.

joke2711

Afternoon forum members

I am trying to book a journey for my parents and sister to travel from Chester to Exeter St Davids.

Chester departure date is 16th August to arrive around 1600.
Exeter St Davids departure date is 20th August around 1000.

Their preference is to travel via Crewe and not Wrexham.

Bizarrely when I enter all the details into the Rail Easy site it comes back with "no journeys for the specified search criteria"

On National Rail it allows me to book a train via Crewe and Birmingham on the 16th August, but for the return, most options are displaying as "no fares available for this journey" and the couple of options that do appear are routed via Wrexham.

Can you offer any advice as to why this is. Reserved seats are a must as both Parents and well into their 80's 8-)

Many thanks for any help.

Jonathan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iantherev

There are major engineering works in the Bristol area during August with no trains between South Wales and Bristol Temple Meads and diversions for Cross Country services. It is possible trains for 20th August are not in the system yet.

joke2711

There are major engineering works in the Bristol area during August with no trains between South Wales and Bristol Temple Meads and diversions for Cross Country services. It is possible trains for 20th August are not in the system yet.

Thanks for this .. anyone have any idea when journeys are likely to be available?

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Thanks for this .. anyone have any idea when journeys are likely to be available?

The journeys are all available on NRE I have just checked I'm not sure why it was showing no fares available, it seems to be fixed now though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-161527_National Rail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-161527_National Rail.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210715-161533_National Rail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-161533_National Rail.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 11

joke2711

Many thanks .. I have just checked and all journeys are showing on NRE.
However Rail Easy for ticket splitting is still not finding anything.
I will keep checking

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I travelled between Birmingham NS and Paignton via Exeter St Davids and back last Thursday/Friday. According to all the booking sites it wasn't possible as there were no "mandatory reservations" available on ANY of the XC trains on the Friday afternoon, however, I had an open return.

Boarded the 17:03 XC service at Newton Abbot which was virtually empty and there were plenty of unreseved seats. It got busier, particularly at Bristol TM, but not overcrowded.

I'm sure you'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.