• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chester to Old Trafford (nr Tram)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejayd

I was hoping to catch the train from Chester to Old Trafford but it seems the only way is : Chester to Altrincham and then Metro to Old Trafford.

The other way is Chester to Piccadilly to Metro Old Trafford.

Time is 1:41 / 1:26.

Considering driving takes approx 1 hr I was wondering if there was a better drive/train/metro/bus option.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dhassell

I was hoping to catch the train from Chester to Old Trafford but it seems the only way is : Chester to Altrincham and then Metro to Old Trafford.

The other way is Chester to Piccadilly to Metro Old Trafford.

Time is 1:41 / 1:26.

Considering driving takes approx 1 hr I was wondering if there was a better drive/train/metro/bus option.

Hi, Only time Manchester United Old Trafford Stn is used is usually matches, But lately none have run due to security reasons

Gathursty

Established Member
Chester - Newton-le-Willows (40 mins)
6 min wait
NLW - Eccles or Salford Crescent (14 mins/40 min with change at Oxford Road)
E/SC to Old Trafford by taxi or bus? (2.8 miles/2.9 miles along roads)

1 hour to Eccles or 1 hr 26 mins to Salford Crescent.

These are Saturday timings btw.

pemma

Veteran Member
Unless you're a slow walker don't believe the timings Journey Planners give you. I notice they say arrive Altrincham (from Chester) xx:58, depart Altrincham (for Old Trafford) xx:08. You can easily get the xx:02 Metrolink departure and arrive at Old Trafford Metrolink 79 minutes after you leave Chester station. If the train from Chester leaves Hale on time, it'll actually arrive at Altrincham early.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just noticed the fare for Chester to Old Trafford is £21.60.

If you're going via Altrincham you might want to consider buying a Chester-Altrincham ticket and an Altrincham-Old Trafford ticket as that'll be cheaper, even though normally it's cheaper to buy a through ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.