• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chester to Warrington West & return from Bank Quay

Status
Not open for further replies.

markymark2000

On Moderation
I am looking on NRE and the price shows anytime day return and I have found an anytime day return via any permitted route from Chester to Warrington West via South Parkway at £12.60. This is the same price as normal TFW to Bank Quay. What I would like to get to the bottom of is, is this £12.60 ticket valid for a morning trip from Chester to Warrington West via south Parkway (the recommended route on NRE) and then later on in the evening, I can simply board at Warrington Bank Quay and go back as normal on the TFW train? Same price, same area and group. Different lines though and different directions.

If I get this as a ticket to the Warrington any stations though, the ATOC routing guide says that I can't go via South Parkway to get to Warrington West. The ATOC thing doesn't seem to like alighting at one station then boarding at another.

Would I have to do this on separate tickets for these journeys or could I do it on the £12.60 return and if so, which station do I click on the ticket machine/booking engines (I don't want for guards to complain because of the routing.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, it's valid both ways. The shortest route wholly by rail from Chester to Warrington West is via the Halton Curve, changing at Liverpool South Parkway, therefore that is a valid route as per the NRCoT.

When it comes to mapped routes, Warrington West unsurprisingly passes the fares check for Warrington and so you can return via Warrington Central and Bank Quay.

You can select different outward and return 'via' points on Trainsplit, so you could get the itinerary you want for both outward and return journeys there.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Yes, it's valid both ways. The shortest route wholly by rail from Chester to Warrington West is via the Halton Curve, changing at Liverpool South Parkway, therefore that is a valid route as per the NRCoT.

When it comes to mapped routes, Warrington West unsurprisingly passes the fares check for Warrington and so you can return via Warrington Central and Bank Quay.

You can select different outward and return 'via' points on Trainsplit, so you could get the itinerary you want for both outward and return journeys there.
That's great news. Thank you. NRE was getting confused so I am glad that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.