• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chesterfield-Blackpool North

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashworth

Established Member
I want to make a return journey from Chesterfield to Blackpool North on Saturday 16th May.
My usual choice of tickets would be to split the tickets with Offpeak Day Returns from Chesterfield to Manchester and Manchester to Blackpool. However, TPE express do some very cheap AP tickets from Sheffield to Blackpool North that would be considerably cheaper coupled with a Day Return from Chesterfield to Sheffield.
However, TPE do not seem to have any AP tickets available for Saturday 16th May, even though they are available for all the other Saturdays in May including 2nd, 9th, 23rd and 30th. Does anyone know any reason why they are not available for the 16th May?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
They have sold out of their quota. A quick google search reveals a Gay Pride Event over that weekend, so it's likely that people have used up the quota to get to this event.

Advance tickets only have a certain quota, in other words only so many tickets available at each price level. Once the cheapest price level has sold out, they will start selling the next cheapest fares and so on until you have to buy a walk-up ticket.

ashworth

Established Member
Thanks for that information. I did know about quotas etc but couldn't undersatnd why nothing was available at all on the 16th especially when plenty were available for the 23rd which is a Bank Holiday Weekend.
I'm glad I found out, although I have nothing against Gay Pride, I think I will put my trip off to another Saturday when it won't be so busy in Blackpool and cheaper tickets are available. I was only visiting friends and so can re-arrange.

Status
Not open for further replies.