• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chesterfield - edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYS

I've come to the experts first so can anyone help.

My family need to get from Chesterfield - Edinburgh on May 26th and back on the 27th. We need to travel about 8ish (am) on the way out and about 5ish (pm) on the way back. We have a Family railcard.

What is the best (cheapest) route you can suggest?

Thanks in advance, Andy S :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
It's nearly always going to be two advance singles. I suspect they've not been released yet but be sure to keep an eye out over the coming week :p

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Yes, SS4 is correct in anticipating that the cheapest Advance tickets for those dates are likely to be released towards the end of this week. Sieze them while you can!
You will have the opportunity to use any of the Operator's on-line booking systems to find fares over theri own and each others' routes.
The fares, whether on Cross Country all the way or by changing can be as low as £31 per person each way at many times throughout the day, and there are a few at under £20. But the quotas of the very lowest prices may be snapped up very quickly.
To get an idea, why no have a look now (either on East Coast or Cross Country's sites), but for travel one week earlier? You'll see all the under £20s have gone, but there's still plenty at £31 and £32, by different operators.

[A note for Fares watchers. This seems to be a route which offers some Advance Fares for direct trains which are more expensive than an Anytime (SOS)]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.