• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chief Executive of Transport Focus experiences a Pacer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jona26

With regards no "real-time information as we found on the return journey from Delamere station" this has been in place for at least the last 6 months. Not the most noticeable screens I admit, but it is there, as well as at Greenbank which also has a TVM on the Northwich bound platform

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
the poor lamb.

BTW how can the chief executive of Transport Focus (The watchdog for transport passengers and road users in the United Kingdom - based in Manchester!) be considered serious when he hasn't even traveled long distances on what must be the most complained about train type in the UK? How can he grade the information given to him by correspondents?

Transport Focus represents passengers!

Oh, right, I hadn't realised that's what it was for.

Just assumed it was a very tame lap dog for the rail industry.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
This bit stuck out to me. Perish the thought that there should be a person actually operating the doors on the train. Call the cast of Time Team, it's positively archaic!

Seems like even Transport Focus are banging the DOO drum here.

Or just how out of touch Mr Smith is with what the rest of the country has to put up with on a day to day basis.

Next week he will be trackside receiving a face full of p*** and s*** because some trains apparently dispose toilet contents straight onto the track.

The week after he can receive a 'penalty fake' from Northern because of the widespread lack of ticket purchasing facilities across the 'Northern Powerhouse'.

Last edited:

pemma

Veteran Member
With regards no "real-time information as we found on the return journey from Delamere station" this has been in place for at least the last 6 months. Not the most noticeable screens I admit, but it is there, as well as at Greenbank which also has a TVM on the Northwich bound platform

It's possible the display had a problem at the time. They quite often show messages saying train running information is not available.

The TVMs do show live running information but they take a while to return to displaying the information screen after someone has used them to buy a ticket - it's almost like a screensaver which only appears if they have been inactive for a certain amount of time with no button to access the information if it's displaying ticket options.

Status
Not open for further replies.