• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern 121s, all day or not now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hi all,

I know it's a pain in the neck, but I couldn't find the information I wanted. Anyone got the gen on what time I can expect to get a 121 on the Princes Risborough to Aylesbury line? I know it's usually the evening peak at least, but didn't they recently get a second one up and running so as to release a 165 all day?

Asking as I've got Tuesday off next week and I've still not done Princes Risborough to Aylesbury Vale Parkway, so I fancy going out and getting it done. I could leave it until a proposed ALR in 2012, but I don't know how long I can leave that annoying gap on my map!

Thanks in advance all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craig87034

Hi all,

I know it's a pain in the neck, but I couldn't find the information I wanted. Anyone got the gen on what time I can expect to get a 121 on the Princes Risborough to Aylesbury line? I know it's usually the evening peak at least, but didn't they recently get a second one up and running so as to release a 165 all day?

Monday-Friday only

2P81 0750 Aylesbury-Princes Risborough
2A10 0816 Princes Risborough-Aylesbury
2P82 0850 Aylesbury-Princes Risborough
2A16 0924 Princes Risborough-Aylesbury
2P83 0950 Aylesbury-Princes Risbourgh
2A15 1024 Princes Risbourgh-Aylesbury
2P89 1550 Aylesbury-Princes Risborough
2A42 1624 Princes Risborough-Aylesbury
2P90 1653 Aylesbury-Princes Risborough
2A47 1716 Princes Risborough-Aylesbury
2P92 1820 Aylesbury-Princes Risborough
2A52 1850 Princes Risborough-Aylesbury

RPM

Established Member
Hi all,

Asking as I've got Tuesday off next week and I've still not done Princes Risborough to Aylesbury Vale Parkway, so I fancy going out and getting it done. I could leave it until a proposed ALR in 2012, but I don't know how long I can leave that annoying gap on my map!

Thanks in advance all.

As you'll see from the diagram there isn't a 121 running all day, only in the morning and evening peaks and you'll have to change at Aylesbury if you want to go to AVP as they don't run through from the Risborough branch.

Barring failures, you'll get 121034 (the green one) if you go on Tuesday. The blue bubble is at Tyseley having some work done on it.

Enjoy :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Cheers RPM, might make a point of going down for it then on Tuesday. I knew I had to change at Aylesbury, my post wasn't too obvious on that though.

Thanks for the gen on which one it'll be. Now to check and see if the diagrams match up with journey times for getting home in time for the last bus.

Ivo

Established Member
Where would you get the bus to Nooooooo-wherrrrrrre Heeeeeeeeeeeeeath from?

Already got the coat, don't worry.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
:lol::lol::lol:

Just for reference, Nowhere Heath is the name of a fictional place in an episode of Thunderbirds. Which one I can't recall right now, but at the time I laughed and felt it worthy of my location for the forums I frequent. Longer version of the story available on demand via PM.

As for why the name's extended in the fashion I have it as, it's as close to writing it in two-tone effect as I could think of at the time. Imagine if you will the first part being a high tone, the middle a low tone, and the end part in a high tone again. Strange, I know, but it still makes me smile when I look at it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.