• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
CLICK HERE

663019000228.jpg
680019000228.jpg
666019000228.jpg

Some 'A' stock thrown in as well...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It wasn't long ago that there was a large assortment of 1st GEN DMUs at Aylesbury, almost resembling a heratige centre ;)

Lewisham2221

Established Member
tubechallenger said:

Methinks this abbreviation malarky is going too far. Shall I make my next post entirely out of made up abbreviations and acronyms and see what happens?

If you're going to make the effort to post compliments about somebody's photographs, at least make the effort to type out the two words rather than abbreviatin ght epost down to 2 letters and a full stop.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well said Marv.

I'm tempted to do a post with nothing but TLAs and abbreviations I use when jotting down a report in my notebook. Then we'll see how much it annoys other people!

Oh, and if you're interested, TLA stands for Three Letter Acronym.

One thing I will say is this: If you're going to post 'EPAU' or something, you could specify one you really liked. I mean, you might as well make a post of it. It's no surprise some people have high post counts well exceeding a thousand if their posts would consist of a lot of EPAUs and EPs. :roll:

Not that I watch people's post counts of course...I certainly look at mine occasionally, wondering how much s****e there is in my posts.

Anyway, before I ramble on forever, let's axe the use of EPAU and EP a bit, hmm? Altogether would be better.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, point taken, let's move on...

Nice photos, Seth. It's just a shame I have to travel so far to get there! But it was worth it, and I'd still go again another day.

I can't wait for the Heart of Wales using heritage DMUs!

T

Tom

When EP and EPAU is said it is refered to Excellent Photos, or Excellent Photos As Usual.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
When EP and EPAU is said it is refered to Excellent Photos, or Excellent Photos As Usual.
I believe the point FGWFan was trying to make, is that you should post something more worthwhile than a 2 or 4 letter acronym (irrelevant of whether it is refering to a plural or not), which could be achieved by selecting a particular favourite from the mentioned collection.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Marv said:
tubechallenger said:
I believe the point FGWFan was trying to make, is that you should post something more worthwhile than a 2 or 4 letter acronym (irrelevant of whether it is refering to a plural or not), which could be achieved by selecting a particular favourite from the mentioned collection.

Thank you! Someone saw my point!

Let's move on though. I must admit, Seth's phots were very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.