• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways 172/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Hello

Are any of these running at the moment? I want to travel on 172101 when I go out next week. I'm aware that they haven't been used much over lockdown and I'm also aware of the rumours of a move to WMR... I'm not particularly interested in their future, just whether or not they've been out recently and if they'll be out next week. :)

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wyrleybart

Established Member
Think I noticed this unit on a Trust report the other day. Will try to look out for it, but I have seen hits that the Chiltern 172s are moving to WMR to join the rest of the class 172 fleet. Can't confirm if true or not.

greatvoyager

Established Member
According to a Facebook group, the 172/1s will only temporarily be with WMR to plug the gap for EMR 170 transfers and delays with 196s, and are due to return to Chiltern for December 2021.

Energy

Established Member
I believe they have been sat in the depot over lockdown, the transfer to WMR would make sense as they dont fit that well in the Chiltern fleet.

They have not been sat in the depot!
3 diagrms work every day SX all day long as well. various services to GER/HWY/BAN but no further north than Banbury. 2 normally work on Saturdays and nothing on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.