• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways Human Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello; I'm applying to Chiltern for some work experience and I intend to send it to the human resources department. Will it matter if I know the name of the director for HR or not, and if anyone does (Rebecca Ward?) please could they inform me; thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
Hello; I'm applying to Chiltern for some work experience and I intend to send it to the human resources department. Will it matter if I know the name of the director for HR or not, and if anyone does (Rebecca Ward?) please could they inform me; thanks!

I shouldn't think it makes a lot of differnece. What job experience are you apply to do with Chiltern?

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
It won't make any difference at all 150001. The HR Director will not have any part in your application or your work experience. If you address anything to the Director it will doubtless be passed back down the ladder by their PA.

route:oxford

Established Member
The only advice I can give with dealing with any HR department is that they tend to be staffed by bitter, twisted people who will only ever act in the best interest of the employee if they are cornered.

The best way to keep on the "good" side of them is by meeting their expectations and following the published guidelines that most closely meet what you want to do.

barrykas

Established Member
It helps if you get the name of the Department right too. Chiltern are one of those rare companies that still call it Personnel. ;)

Thanks for the help! I'll take your advice into mind. At the moment I'm just going to apply for work experience and see what they say; don't actually know the specific areas they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.