• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaoloG92

Congratulations Jonnyboy, good luck with training. Out of interest, where abouts do you currently live?

Is anybody else who requested feedback still being ignored?

Max287

Congratulations Jonnyboy, good luck with training. Out of interest, where abouts do you currently live?

I sent an email asking a few questions rather than feedback but haven't heard back from them. That was a couple of weeks ago now

Jonnyboy

Thanks, I live in Aylesbury not to far from the parkway.

RedZed

Also the idea that we all got asked the same questions is nonsense - I got asked some extremely odd things which I will save for another day!

I got asked if I could drive, how many driving lessons I'd had and whether I passed the driving test first time or not.

RedZed

Yes, so did I.

What about your opinion of unions and management in the railways?

Yes to that too. I suppose in hindsight, knowing how heavily unionised the railway is, me saying that I don't much care for unions as they are happy to take the money but have never done anything for me didn't go down too well.
(Well, they did say be honest and don't just tell us the things you think we want to hear).

I finally got my feedback yesterday. Apparently I lack confidence and there were a number of areas where I scored 2 (little evidence) within the answer, these areas were flexibility, customer focus, decision making and judgement.

I found that somewhat disconcerting having already passed GTR's DMI and taking into account my former military and Police careers, with the exception of customer focus, if I lacked in the other areas, I'd expect either to have had the sack or worst case, to be dead !

Anyway, it's done now, time to move on.

djsmith200

has anyone waiting in the talent pool for this heard anything this year? was also wondering how any of you that got through are getting on?

cjacob

has anyone waiting in the talent pool for this heard anything this year? was also wondering how any of you that got through are getting on?
Hi I went through the whole process and was told they would be pleased to retain my details for the Banbury Depot Drivers 2018 intake, is this similar to what you were told ? I've not heard anything since then, I have noticed that they are now recruiting for qualified drivers at various depots

Last edited:

djsmith200

Hi I went through the whole process and was told they would be pleased to retain my details for the Banbury Depot Drivers 2018 intake, is this similar to what you were told ? I've not heard anything since then, I have noticed that they are now recruiting for qualified drivers at various depots

yeah had interview may/june last year was told il be on course for 2018 but heard nothing since. strange that not heard anyting on here about chiltern since really except now theyre looking for qualified drivers as you say

Mundinho

Hi i was told the same and that it would be starting in october 2018 - was told i would hear in the new year- heard nothing so after 4 calls speaking to different people and forwarding my email i was told by a manager that they were unaware of any offer and that the person that interviewed me no longer worked there. They even said i had lost a life for not getting the mainline job even though they misadvertised it as throughout there network so when i turned up at the interview and said i could not relocate to ayelsbury. This is obvs wrong. You never know it may happen but i doubt it as they seemed to not even be aware of the talent pool.

Hi i was told the same and that it would be starting in october 2018 - was told i would hear in the new year- heard nothing so after 4 calls speaking to different people and forwarding my email i was told by a manager that they were unaware of any offer and that the person that interviewed me no longer worked there. They even said i had lost a life for not getting the mainline job even though they misadvertised it as throughout there network so when i turned up at the interview and said i could not relocate to ayelsbury. This is obvs wrong. You never know it may happen but i doubt it as they seemed to not even be aware of the talent pool.

The whole process was a shambles quite honestly.

Mundinho

Yeh i agree - the process was quick - 4 months from application to decision which was good. But to word an email by giving a start date and saying u would be in touch about a depot driver position only to make out you were stupid when you called to enquire about it was really bad imo. Just gives false hope to everyone and leaves them in limbo. Hope it works out and you guys and you end up getting a call but i wont be taken them up on any offer

djsmith200

still got the email from Vimbai, training school starts in october each year so you never know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.