Chiltern railways

Discussion in 'Traction & Rolling Stock' started by Mr395008, 27 Apr 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Hey,

I'm travelling with Chiltern Railways tomorrow for the first time ever, a bit excited I must admit :P

My question is, are there 67's & MK3's on Saturday services? If so, is there a diagram available so I can figure out which one to travel on?

Thanks.

2. theblackwatch

theblackwatch Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unfortunately not. However, one does sometimes appear on Saturdays.

3. calc7

calc7 Established Member

All said the 168 I think is a fantastic unit to travel on. On a weekend when I've got more time I would always choose that over the WCML!

4. D6975

D6975 Established Member

Chiltern have got a special web offer on at the moment, M'Bone - Moor St for 25p single on certain trains. You book returns as 2 singles, but you have to start at the London end, so if you want Brum-London single you have to buy an unwanted ticket for the other way.

I've just booked up 2 return trips to Brum on 67 diagrams for the princely sum of £1.

5. SprinterMan

SprinterMan Established Member

Wow, when do these run?
    Or am I too late? :)

6. Skimble19

Skimble19 Established Member

Just had a look and can't see any mention of this?

7. jscho84233

jscho84233 Member

In the Chiltern Railways Timetable they identify the loco hauled trains on the London - Birmingham route with an "S" symbol along the top of the tables, to denote the "Silver" trains. The "M" symbol denotes a "Mainline" service. I think other services are loco hauled that aren't designated in the timetable to cover for insufficiant multiple unit stock. (I think - I stand ready to be corrected as to the reason for these additional loco hauled services!) I know that there is one loco hauled each day from Banbury to Marylebone and back, but I don't know the timings.

From what I can see on the timetable, the Loco hauled services that are designated on the timetable only operate Mon-Fri.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

As for the 50p return offer, See here.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2012
  8. NIMBUS

NIMBUS Member

06:53 ex Banbury; 18:13 ex Marylebone

9. Cherry_Picker

Cherry_Picker Established Member

The other loco hauled trains all stop at Banbury, with the exception of the 06:55 BMO - MYB and the 18:07 MYB - KID. The lack of loco hauled services at weekends is as much to do with guards diagramming as anything else. Units are worked DOO south of Banbury, a 67 hauled rake needs a guard on the entire time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.