• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern running double the services London-Birmingham 1 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm333

Coming home from High Wycombe today (Sunday 1 September), I was pleased (for me) to see that trains to Birmingham were twice an hour today instead of the usual hourly.

There’s something on the Chiltern website about minor changes to the timetable as GWR are bustituting between Oxford and Didcot, but I can’t see why that would need a doubling on the Marylebone-Birmingham route. Do *that* many people go between London and Brum via Oxford?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
There’s something on the Chiltern website about minor changes to the timetable as GWR are bustituting between Oxford and Didcot, but I can’t see why that would need a doubling on the Marylebone-Birmingham route. Do *that* many people go between London and Brum via Oxford?

If you divert passengers travelling from London to High Wycombe from Oxford to Birmingham services, you leave more room on the Oxford services for passengers going to Oxford without having to rework unit diagrams to allow more capacity on the Oxford trains.

Nothing to do with people going from London to Birmingham via Oxford.

mm333

That'll explain why, south of Bicester Village, Marylebone-Oxford services were pick-up only northbound and set-down only southbound

Status
Not open for further replies.