• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Silver Trains Business Zone - When Is It Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLC1072

Chiltern Silver Trains Business Zone - When Is It Free?

Title says it all really if this is still the case, will be going from MYB to BMO on the 16th of May and back on the 17th, booked in to Perry Barr Travelodge, day time activities include train bashing. The even is a gig at HMV institute in Digbeth.

Cheers!

NLC1072

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
Chiltern website:
A £20 supplement is required per journey to travel in the Business Zone. Business Zone is not first class, and any standard class ticket is valid with a Business Zone supplement, which can be purchased with your ticket (if booking at a station) or simply upgraded onboard.

On the 0837 train from London to Birmingham and the 1555 service from Birmingham to London, the Business Zone supplement will be just £10.

*Morning peak: Arriving in London before 1000 (1130: Super off-peak fares). Evening peak: Departing London between 1600 and 1900
Business Zone is only available on our Silver trains.

By the way have you managed to book any of the Evening standard 25p single tickets? (for Marylebone to/from Moor Street)

NLC1072

Chiltern website:

By the way have you managed to book any of the Evening standard 25p single tickets? (for Marylebone to/from Moor Street)

Never knew about the offer... if only I had! £21.25 priv SOR for me I'm affraid! Need the flexibility too as I want to go around Birmingham and don't know when I'll be finished.

IrishDave

Hidden away in the Chiltern timetable booklet (p4, or p5 of this PDF), it says:

The 1055 departure from Birmingham Moor Street and the 1337 departure from London Marylebone do not offer a dedicated host or reservations. On these trains the Business Zone area may be used without payment of a supplement.

I had no trouble using the business zone on the 1121 Leamington-Marylebone (i.e. the 1055 from Moor St) on a standard class ticket a couple of weeks ago.

However, the new timetable booklet for 14th May-8th December omits the same footnote, so it may be that these trains will have a full business zone from 14th May?

Status
Not open for further replies.