• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern strike timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole day seems to be "fast" from Amersham if not Great Missenden as you say. Presumably planning short train lengths so want to leave the TfL stations for the Met line to handle
The 0758 from Wendover was 6 cars, the 1530 from Marylebone is 5, which is almost 1 per passenger. The incoming train, 1418 from Aylesbury was full though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sammyg901

Any increase in service provision will be accounted for by a reduction in frequencies elsewhere. I believe the Met line will reduce to an hourly service during off-peak hours which should free up some stock for use on other routes.
Currently one per hour off peak via Amersham, has been since COVID. Quite a pain especially late at night but in fairness the services aren't particularly busy

I had half expected either more services to be "fast Amersham" to allow them to shorten them and/or a reduction in peak frequency but neither occurring in the May timetable at least
The 0758 from Wendover was 6 cars, the 1530 from Marylebone is 5, which is almost 1 per passenger. The incoming train, 1418 from Aylesbury was full though

Some services may have been longer to get stock to/from Marylebone as there is nothing via Princes Risborough today. Went past the empty rail replacement bus this afternoon!

12LDA28C

Established Member
Currently one per hour off peak via Amersham, has been since COVID. Quite a pain especially late at night but in fairness the services aren't particularly busy

This is incorrect. There are two trains an hour on the Met during the daytime, one going to/from Aylesbury and one to/from Aylesbury Vale Parkway. It's only late at night that they are hourly, and I can assure you that some of those certainly are busy, enough to warrant a 5-car 165 booked on some services.

sammyg901

Also in the afternoon there is a period of hourly services ex-Marylebone. One gap is filled closer to Aylesbury by a short run from Great Missenden

I've taken these in the afternoon and late at night frequently recently and they're reasonably busy but if they were half hourly they'd probably only need to be 2 car. So I can see why they're only running hourly and saving on drivers at least if not units

12LDA28C

Established Member
Also in the afternoon there is a period of hourly services ex-Marylebone. One gap is filled closer to Aylesbury by a short run from Great Missenden

I've taken these in the afternoon and late at night frequently recently and they're reasonably busy but if they were half hourly they'd probably only need to be 2 car. So I can see why they're only running hourly and saving on drivers at least if not units

Only two trains are missing - the 1327 and 1427 departures ex-Marylebone. Still a half-hourly service in the Up direction though.

This will change from May, with only an hourly service in both directions for a few hours in the middle of the day.

Vanmanyo

Only two trains are missing - the 1327 and 1427 departures ex-Marylebone. Still a half-hourly service in the Up direction though.

This will change from May, with only an hourly service in both directions for a few hours in the middle of the day.
And hourly on Saturday for the whole day

Status
Not open for further replies.