• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Take 2 - 1989

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slough

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

I am watching the chiltern take 2 drivers eye video shot in 1989 , and I can't get over how things have changed . The driver is smoking a fag in the cab , she has her shoes off and is sitting on her feet in the drivers seat . Loads of footage of mixed stock trains . a brilliant video in all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JoeH

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

I am watching the chiltern take 2 drivers eye video shot in 1989 , and I can't get over how things have changed . The driver is smoking a fag in the cab , she has her shoes off and is sitting on her feet in the drivers seat . Loads of footage of mixed stock trains . a brilliant video in all

Funny you should post this because it was only a few days ago that I took the DVD off the shelf and watched this again and I thought the same things about the driver.

Can of Citrus Spring (no longer produced?) resting on the controls, and as you say cigarette and no shoes. I wonder if that looked at all out of place even at the time.

It's especially noticeable because in several other Video 125 releases some drivers seem to 'play up' to the camera and put on a bit of a show so it was quite unusual that she almost seemed like she wasn't aware of the camera and at the very least didn't care about giving perhaps the best impression.

Always enjoyed this one probably because it's my home line (Beaconsfield) and also because it was filmed just a few years before I started using the line and really just how different everything seemed in only those few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.