• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern trainee vacancies - (Marylebone / Aylesbury / Banbury)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTR

I was typing away on my online application, got a message saying session had expired (no idea why). Tried to log back in and error message displayed. Link to job vacancy not working, so I log back into my profile to get back into the application and it’s gone! HOW IS THIS FAIR????
I guess 53,000 other people beat you to it and they pulled it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TTDARL

I was typing away on my online application, got a message saying session had expired (no idea why). Tried to log back in and error message displayed. Link to job vacancy not working, so I log back into my profile to get back into the application and it’s gone! HOW IS THIS FAIR????

There was a disclaimer on the advert that stated the advert may close early due to an anticipated high interest.

It is well known that this is the case in particular with trainee train driver roles and has been highly documented on this forum.

At least you know for next time, search regularly, register for job alerts & complete the application ASAP.

Speedbird100

There was a disclaimer on the advert that stated the advert may close early due to an anticipated high interest.

It is well known that this is the case in particular with trainee train driver roles and has been highly documented on this forum.

At least you know for next time, search regularly, register for job alerts & complete the application ASAP.
I failed at two hand coordination stage last time and well aware of how quick they close job adverts.
I had a saved job alert with DB and got an email this morning about the vacancy. Started it ASAP hence my annoyance. I Don’t see it as fair that I had an online application in process. You should be given the chance to complete it. Hopefully email I have sent will help.

TheGoldfish

Are they enhanced or national standard?

And do they have any start dates this year?

it says the recruitment is handled by Arriva .... they were advanced level from my previous app with them?

Also i noted a lot of people on the thread quoting 30 min commute time .... but on the application it said 45 mins ??

Jaytrains

it says the recruitment is handled by Arriva .... they were advanced level from my previous app with them?

Also i noted a lot of people on the thread quoting 30 min commute time .... but on the application it said 45 mins ??

Yhh it did say 45mins on the application

Jaytrains

I failed at two hand coordination stage last time and well aware of how quick they close job adverts.
I had a saved job alert with DB and got an email this morning about the vacancy. Started it ASAP hence my annoyance. I Don’t see it as fair that I had an online application in process. You should be given the chance to complete it. Hopefully email I have sent will help.

Do they actually get back to u within four weeks after completing the online assessment?

HeelBurton

Oh ok and that’s understandable i just hope they Dont leave us hanging for months without any updates

Yeah I’ll keep my ear to the ground but given the circumstances nothing is moving quickly. I’m sure keeping an eye on your emails etc and you’ll be kept up to date by phone

Fancythis

It said 30 mins when I read yesterday. That's why I didn't apply. I was looking at Aylesbury.

TheGoldfish

It said 30 mins when I read yesterday. That's why I didn't apply. I was looking at Aylesbury.

my app was for Marylebone ?? .. maybe if we could afford to live near marylebone you wouldnt need the job in the first place :D:D:D

puffpuffgive

bruebunny

I'm thinking that their standard response is 45 minutes, but for this one they changed the advert to 30. I reckon it will be 30, but they forgot to update the question in the application as it's a pretty stock and standard questionnaire.

bruebunny

It's definitely frustrating, for sure. I had a year where somehow every trainee train driver job I applied for, the position had closed by the time I'd finished the paperwork. I started saving my answers to questions so I could copy and paste the responses into subsequent applications.
It's frustrating, but I imagine they have a threshold number of applications they are willing to sift through, and they have to cut that off on what they receive, not how many start it. I hope you can get your application considered though :)

B1990

Ive been there since October after spending 12 years at another company. I would recommend It. I heard nothing but good things about chiltern before I joined and I would say they are all true. My interview was as a qualified driver Joining so would be different to a trainee, but i would study up about the company just as you would for any other post. They did ask questions about what reactions they operate and where they go etc
Thank you for your reply

E16 Cyclist

Maybe 45 mins for Marylebone?

Ignore the user name I’m a Marylebone based driver, Marylebone is classified as a non residential depot taking into account that not many people can afford to live in London and as a result the shifts are pretty much accessible by public transport in fact I’m one of the few that do and others live as far away as Bicester and Aylesbury and even Leigh on sea and in fact the depot manager lives in Ipswich

Jaytrains

Ignore the user name I’m a Marylebone based driver, Marylebone is classified as a non residential depot taking into account that not many people can afford to live in London and as a result the shifts are pretty much accessible by public transport in fact I’m one of the few that do and others live as far away as Bicester and Aylesbury and even Leigh on sea and in fact the depot manager lives in Ipswich

That’s good to hear at least we don’t have to worry about the distance anymore

i only live 35mins away

Class2ldn

They will still filter out people over 45 mins away or 30 or whatever they were saying.
Just because existing staff live miles away doesn't mean they will overlook it and they strictly won't take relocations.
Worth applying all the same but dont be surprised if they chop you fairly quickly.
They cancelled my qualified interview once they realised I was outside the criteria for time.

Jaytrains

They will still filter out people over 45 mins away or 30 or whatever they were saying.
Just because existing staff live miles away doesn't mean they will overlook it and they strictly won't take relocations.
Worth applying all the same but dont be surprised if they chop you fairly quickly.
They cancelled my qualified interview once they realised I was outside the criteria for time.

wooow that’s crazy

well fingers crossed everything goes well

sumperan

Anyone heard anything? The vacancies still appear be live internally

Last edited:

puffpuffgive

Yes I did, asking me for a few details to be sent by May 11th 12pm in order to proceed to next stage. I've also looked on my Recruitment portal and it says End of Process so no idea what's going on.

Same.

Do you know if they use the M7SJT? Because I just failed that with Avanti so they might kick me out of this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.