• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern trainee vacancies - (Marylebone / Aylesbury / Banbury)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OneTrackMind

It's been quite a while since they advertised for Banbury so I've thrown my hat in the ring. Does anybody know how many positions there are / when the courses are likely to be?

HeelBurton

Never known them to ask for trainees at Marylebone before. That’s rather interesting. Good luck to all that apply

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Chiltern advertised for Trainee Train Managers in March and there was no restrictions on where applicants live. I would assume like other HRs they are bracing themselves for a high volume of applications and are implementing ways of whittling down the candidates.

I believe that in the past trainees who said they would relocate then once in decided not to, and transferred to other depots once qualified hence the 30 min commute restriction being brought in.

Class2ldn

30 minute, I’m twice that still worth a punt
Not so sure, it used to be 45 minutes and they were tough on it then so if they've reduced the time I cant see them being lenient on it.
They are a popular company and it's another way to wittle down the numbers.
Good luck if you do though.

B1990

I live 5 Mins away from the Depot, this really is my only opportunity to achieve my goal, does anyone have any advice? or any train operators currently working for them?

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I do think the 30 minute rule is a bit strict. For example, as Marylebone is not the easiest place to get to if say you are on a afternoon shift and have to commute through congested London traffic.

In theory, most people in and around London use public transport but as we've discussed on other threads, you really need to have access to your own vehicle if you work as a driver or conductor because of unsociable start & finishing times.

I used to live & work in Central London in 2006/07 and it is not something I would ever do again. My own theory is you need a comfortable 60 minute commute time just from travelling from another London Borough which might only be ten miles away. That said the Marylebone trainee driver job is a fantastic opportunity for the person who gets it.

CJ

HeelBurton

I live 5 Mins away from the Depot, this really is my only opportunity to achieve my goal, does anyone have any advice? or any train operators currently working for them?

Ive been there since October after spending 12 years at another company. I would recommend It. I heard nothing but good things about chiltern before I joined and I would say they are all true. My interview was as a qualified driver Joining so would be different to a trainee, but i would study up about the company just as you would for any other post. They did ask questions about what reactions they operate and where they go etc

Jaytrains

Ive been there since October after spending 12 years at another company. I would recommend It. I heard nothing but good things about chiltern before I joined and I would say they are all true. My interview was as a qualified driver Joining so would be different to a trainee, but i would study up about the company just as you would for any other post. They did ask questions about what reactions they operate and where they go etc

Are they enhanced or national standard?

And do they have any start dates this year?

HeelBurton

Are they enhanced or national standard?

And do they have any start dates this year?

I don’t know mate. I’m qualified. I didn’t have to do an assessment, and I don’t know of any trainees who have recently gone through the system either. Sorry

with This Mexican beer virus Going on I don’t know if there’s any Courses this year and there’s no body around to ask. Just us drivers and train crew supervisors at MYB at the moment.

Jaytrains

I don’t know mate. I’m qualified. I didn’t have to do an assessment, and I don’t know of any trainees who have recently gone through the system either. Sorry

with This Mexican beer virus Going on I don’t know if there’s any Courses this year and there’s no body around to ask. Just us drivers and train crew supervisors at MYB at the moment.

Oh ok and that’s understandable i just hope they Dont leave us hanging for months without any updates

Last edited:

puffpuffgive

Anyone still waiting on their email after applying? I applied last night and can see my application on the DB site but not had an email

Speedbird100

I was typing away on my online application, got a message saying session had expired (no idea why). Tried to log back in and error message displayed. Link to job vacancy not working, so I log back into my profile to get back into the application and it’s gone! HOW IS THIS FAIR????

puffpuffgive

I was typing away on my online application, got a message saying session had expired (no idea why). Tried to log back in and error message displayed. Link to job vacancy not working, so I log back into my profile to get back into the application and it’s gone! HOW IS THIS FAIR????

Could they have reached the maximum number of applications in just one day?

Status
Not open for further replies.