• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern trainee vacancies - (Marylebone / Aylesbury / Banbury)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruebunny

I emailed them last week and they and told me it will be a month or so before they will be getting to the next stage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sumperan

How was your skype interview?
Was a bit strange, having not done this before but the two DMs were great at making me feel relaxed.
Standard 10 competency based questions I anticipated and about 5 other questions for them to get to know me and what I would bring to the table.
They did mention that their plate is stacked with interviews which surprised me that there have been no comments on here regarding interviews

HeelBurton

Was a bit strange, having not done this before but the two DMs were great at making me feel relaxed.
Standard 10 competency based questions I anticipated and about 5 other questions for them to get to know me and what I would bring to the table.
They did mention that their plate is stacked with interviews which surprised me that there have been no comments on here regarding interviews

Who were the DM’s? First names will do. What depot did you apply for? I’m glad there’s been some progress. But as they said their work is pretty manic at the moment and I know there’s a few vacant DM’s positions which means workload has increased, so patience will be your friend here

sumperan

Who were the DM’s? First names will do. What depot did you apply for? I’m glad there’s been some progress. But as they said their work is pretty manic at the moment and I know there’s a few vacant DM’s positions which means workload has increased, so patience will be your friend here
Thank you for the advice, as with all trainee driver positions patience is key.
I am prepared for this journey

TheGoldfish

Got the email this evening inviting me to Skype interview ...

Does the dmi result affect my standing talent pool position I have with another toc does anyone know ?

Chiltern also advertised Train Manager vacancies (based from Moor Street) a few months ago. Despite several positive emails from them, stating that I'd progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process and they were looking forward to learning more about me, it's all gone quiet. I tried to email Chiltern's recruitment but have not received a reply. Can I ask what email address you guys use while communicating with their recruitment team?

Many thanks

sumperan

Chiltern also advertised Train Manager vacancies (based from Moor Street) a few months ago. Despite several positive emails from them, stating that I'd progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process and they were looking forward to learning more about me, it's all gone quiet. I tried to email Chiltern's recruitment but have not received a reply. Can I ask what email address you guys use while communicating with their recruitment team?

Many thanks
I have been using the [email protected] email hope it helps

Anyone still waiting to hear after sending NI and DOB information?
Yes. I sent that off about two months ago, in reply to the email, but still haven't heard anything. My application still shows "Application in progress" when I sign into the DB Careers site. I did hear from another applicant that they're contacting first those people who have already done some/all of the assessments; the DOB and NI number were so they could find any existing results for you. I guess it's a case of keep waiting....

Jaytrains

Yes. I sent that off about two months ago, in reply to the email, but still haven't heard anything. My application still shows "Application in progress" when I sign into the DB Careers site. I did hear from another applicant that they're contacting first those people who have already done some/all of the assessments; the DOB and NI number were so they could find any existing results for you. I guess it's a case of keep waiting....

StaffsPM1

Hi just to help some of you. I have recently joined as a qualified and I have been at home for last three weeks owing to Union ban on training at the moment.
Just bear in mind that those of you waiting to join will be most likely slowed down as you cannot do anything if you are given a start date.

There is currently a trial of a "training bubble" going on and once that has fed back training may well resume!

Ducktale44

I've been observing this post for quite a while as one of my friends has applied for this post. It's her first time in the process, she applied late April and was asked to confirm her N.I, closest depot and something else I forgot. She then got invited to the OPC to sit all her tests in one day in early June (the first week I think) and found out the results a week later. She was then booked on for the managers interview part which took place the last week of June/first week of July. I asked her for an update and was told in an email that there has been a delay in the process and the results should be coming out next week of who passed the DMI. I have another friend who works at Marylebone in customer services and he informed me quite a lot of people (including internal) applied for this position, and something about they're only hiring 10 people. Anyway hope this helps.

B1990

Thanks for the Info, so I guess those who haven't received and email after the info request has not been successful and are now left in the lurch... Wow this train industry is annoying!

Blackkat

I've been observing this post for quite a while as one of my friends has applied for this post. It's her first time in the process, she applied late April and was asked to confirm her N.I, closest depot and something else I forgot. She then got invited to the OPC to sit all her tests in one day in early June (the first week I think) and found out the results a week later. She was then booked on for the managers interview part which took place the last week of June/first week of July. I asked her for an update and was told in an email that there has been a delay in the process and the results should be coming out next week of who passed the DMI. I have another friend who works at Marylebone in customer services and he informed me quite a lot of people (including internal) applied for this position, and something about they're only hiring 10 people. Anyway hope this helps.

I can confirm this... from direct email.. finalisation of recruitment will be from next week. If you have already passed assessments you may just be waiting on a DMI or a rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.