• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern trainee vacancies - (Marylebone / Aylesbury / Banbury)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytrains

I can confirm this... from direct email.. finalisation of recruitment will be from next week. If you have already passed assessments you may just be waiting on a DMI or a rejection.

I emailed them two weeks ago and asked if my application is still live.

I applied in april aswell and done my assessments with another toc already and the woman replied saying that my application is still live and that i should hear from them early August

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D5581

Recruitment has been concluded by all accounts. Received the disappointing news this morning following a dmi.

B1990

Yep, got the email today as well, pretty much done with the train industry.. never have got through to any test stage, apply and then get ignored for months to then get an email to say thanks but no thanks.... done!

Recruitment has been concluded by all accounts. Received the disappointing news this morning following a dmi.
Sorry to hear that. I got a rejection email today, although I didn't get beyond the application stage (no assessments or DMI). Oddly my application in the DB Jobs portal has finally changed from "Application in Progress" but is now showing "Assessment"...?

TheGoldfish

I got a sorry you were unsuccessful email ... even though I withdrew from the DMI last month ? .... it’s like ..you can’t dump us .. cos we’re dumping you lol! :D:D:D

Jaytrains

I got a sorry you were unsuccessful email ... even though I withdrew from the DMI last month ? .... it’s like ..you can’t dump us .. cos we’re dumping you lol! :D:D:D

Hmmmm I didn’t receive the unsuccessful email or any email... but my online application profile says end of process.. a bit confusing and I’ve already completed the assessments with another toc -__-

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Hmmmm I didn’t receive the unsuccessful email or any email... but my online application profile says end of process.. a bit confusing and I’ve already completed the assessments with another toc -__-

Jaytrains

If it says 'End of Process' it is game over I'm afraid.

Sometimes, the TOC may not contact you for a few days - it happened with me for a Cross Country role last year. I learned the dreaded news from logging on to my Deutsche Bahn account, but I only received the 'Dear John' email five days later.

bruebunny

Got the end of process. Hard not to feel horribly defeated in these circumstances. I don't know how to get to that next level. Angry at myself for screwing up my concentration test by accidentally letting my finger rest on the button and now,just rejection after rejection once again. I know there are many many applicants, but it's always a bitter thing after months and months of waiting patiently to get the "nope, go away" email.

Jamesad390

For everyone that didn’t get through. Don’t be deflated, and don’t give up. The recruitment process is one of the hardest to get through and the competition is immense. Thousands of people apply each time for a small number of positions. Don’t give up!

Ducktale44

For everyone that didn’t get through. Don’t be deflated, and don’t give up. The recruitment process is one of the hardest to get through and the competition is immense. Thousands of people apply each time for a small number of positions. Don’t give up!
My friend passed her dmi and received an offer, currently waiting for a date for a medical. Do you know what the medical entails and where it takes place? She's just wondering whether its in London or not and what the process is on the day. Also does the Marylebone depot have parking?

HeelBurton

Limited
My friend passed her dmi and received an offer, currently waiting for a date for a medical. Do you know what the medical entails and where it takes place? She's just wondering whether its in London or not and what the process is on the day. Also does the Marylebone depot have parking?
There’s parking at Marylebone yes.

The medical I had last July was at merigold, which was not far from monument tube station in central London

Ducktale44

Limited

There’s parking at Marylebone yes.

The medical I had last July was at merigold, which was not far from monument tube station in central London
Thanks for the message, during the medical is it just eye sight, drug checks, and hearing that is tested?

StaffsPM1

weight and height for BMI and the standard checklist of history of medical issues. they will also conduct blood pressure and ECG

Status
Not open for further replies.