• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chinley to Sheffield next Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
I'm returning to the UK for the first time in over 4 years this week, and I was wanting to head to Sheffield to watch the football.

Having kept up with things, Northern are on one of their strike days. I would have typically bought a return to Sheffield for £11.60 and then Supertram onwards to the football.

What's the best way of doing this journey next Saturday? I know best is subjective, but speed, then cost?

I was thinking a return on the 199 bus between Chapel en le Frith and Stockport, then a pair of advance train tickets between Stockport and Sheffield?

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JBuchananGB

Focussing on journey Chinley station to Sheffield, this can be done by train but you might not like the timings! Dep Chinley 0804, change Stockport,thence dep 0854 to Sheffield, arr 0934.

Return journey, dep Sheffield 2111, change Stockport, thence dep 2238 arr Chinley 2252.

Long day out in Sheffield. I will say that the journey planner which I used also offers bus journeys for the outward, but none for the return.

DJ737

Hi there
199 to Buxton>65 Buxton to Sheffield will get you there.
What time does the game finish?
You could have problems getting back.
Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.