• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chinley to Warrington/Liverpool advances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
General enquiry more than anything for travelling to Uni

This is a 75% likely scenario for me, its not an up in the air post, as I'm likely to fail to get into Manchester Uni by possibly a few marks!

From September time I'll be looking at getting the 0703/0803 out of Chinley to either

A) Warrington to change onto a service to Mossley Hill
OR
B) Lime Street to change onto a service to Broad Green.

Are advanced tickets from CLY to WAC/LIV on these trains easy to obtain as I know they exist? And are advances available on trains going back from 1pm onwards from LIV/WAC to CLY? I'd be regularly commuting for Liverpool Hope Uni and if I need to be in for 9am or 10am advance+local fare would possibly work, how far in advance would I have to book?

I know once I know my timetable, I can advance book my daily commute as soon as the tickets before obtainable!

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Are advanced tickets from CLY to WAC/LIV on these trains easy to obtain as I know they exist? And are advances available on trains going back from 1pm onwards from LIV/WAC to CLY? I'd be regularly commuting for Liverpool Hope Uni and if I need to be in for 9am or 10am advance+local fare would possibly work, how far in advance would I have to book?

They're EMT & Connect fares. Don't hold your breath on good value ones hanging around, especially during the morning crush on the route.

If you're commuting to uni, there will be loads of uncertainty factors as to when you finish. I wouldn't bother with AP's.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well I just had a brief look for late August. The 07.03 are offering £7.25 and the 08.03 are offering mainly £5.95. Cheap fares start to appear on the 08.32 TPE service changing at Stockport into the EMT service. Coming back there is plenty of fares hovering around the £2/£3 mark, mostly involving 2 changes, so seems that it is do-able if you book far ahead way in advance and is hardcore on saving money. The weekly is about £88.10 to Liverpool. The prices above include EMT web discount for booking on their site.

WebTIS seems to have a habit of routeing into the Northern stoppers, so specify "via Stockport" to get around this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.