• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chinnor to Weymouth 4 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
Usually goes on as Short term planned (STP) Schedule, check a week or two before the tour is meant to depart and you should see it on there.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
The times for these trips are only published very close to the travel date. Look too on Steam Info website. Have a good trip.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I wouldn't worry yet. There are tours running this coming weekend with no times showing in sites such as real time trains.

CarltonA

I'd be interested to know the logistics involved for this train to depart from Princes Risborough. The platform at Chinnor is fairly short. It will be diesel hauled to Prisbo and presumably reverse in platform three in order to head north with the steam loco leading.

168lover

I'd be interested to know the logistics involved for this train to depart from Princes Risborough. The platform at Chinnor is fairly short. It will be diesel hauled to Prisbo and presumably reverse in platform three in order to head north with the steam loco leading.
Not been involved with the logistics but the train will be diesel hauled (either 33/37/47/57) on our line through to Risborough. At chinnor I think the plan is to have the train with the rear 4 coaches platformed with the others leading up the bank towards Risborough. This isn't 100% confirmed however.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Trip is postponed due to problems with Mayflower

https://www.steamdreams.co.uk/page.php?pageid=12 said:
It is with great disappointment that we must inform you that we have taken the difficult decision to postpone Thursday’s inaugural trip from Chinnor to Weymouth to the summer. This is due to news received today of the unavailability of our rostered steam locomotive B1 61306 ‘Mayflower’.

Mayflower has developed an issue with her boiler and unfortunately it will not be possible to repair it in time for our trip this Thursday. The fault came to light today when the locomotive arrived back at its London base, having just returned from a trip last Saturday. With the locomotive still hot and at working pressure, there is not enough time to cool the boiler and carry out the necessary repairs ready for our train starting from Chinnor on Thursday morning.

t_star2001uk

There was a set of Mk1s in chocolate and cream livery in the ACE sidings today sitting behind the Clayton with the research dept liveried 31 in the platform loop.

CarltonA

Inspection Saloon "Caroline" was at Princes Risborough ACE on Saturday. I don't know if it was part of the Gala or just happened to be there "on business".

Status
Not open for further replies.