• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chippenham - Plymouth update

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hi all,

As you remember ages ago I started on the Chippenham - Exeter/Plymouth project semi-fictional, and I had screenshots of the demo I was due to release, Chippenham - Bath Spa. Till I lost all my work I gave up, and now have the urge to fire it up again, what with the BVE4 HST out.

The demo will be out as soon as, BVE4 compatible with the line based on features such as the Box Tunnel, Thingley Jct and the view of houses at Bath.

Updates and screenies soon!!

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Great to hear this James - I look forward to it!

Off-topic: Good to see you online mate - not heard from you in ages, let alone met up!

Dennis

Established Member
Good to hear there is going to be some progress on this :happy7:

For the next part of my tutorial series I was going to create Box tunnel (well, a shortened version). Unfortunately, all the shots I have of the portal at the east end were rubbish so it won't be Box but instead one of the tunnels on the Portbury branch.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Another reason for me to get a PC fit and able to run BVE!

If I can help in any way with the project (shots of Plymouth and Exeter (both of which I'm visiting in August), for example), let me know!

devon_metro

Established Member
Likewise, i can provdie shots of Exeter to Newton Abbot, A few pics of Plymouth too. Any chance the Paignton branch will be included?

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Well some shots would be nice yes, but remember being semi-fictional the buildings will in no form be the same or length, shape ect just a rought near enough design, really, but speed limits I will try to keep real ect

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Same! Should be a fantastic bit of thrash! Remind me though, does it go via Melksham or via Bristol? And will there be an option to do a mini-thrash down just a section of the route (say, Chippenham to Westbury)?

Mintona

Established Member
If it has Thingley Junction then does it not have to be Bristol? Oh wait, Thingley is where Bristol and Melksham diverge....

Still though, going Melksham would be going back on yourself a little bit.

Looking forward to it Jamie!

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
not Melksham, long and twisted plus would have to reverse at Westbury to come back up via Bradford!

No route is

CHIPPENHAM
Thingley Junction
Box Tunnel
Bathampton Junction

BATH SPA

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
sorry but i have to use and seek permission for other routes, my routes combine a mixture of objects from other routes to make it into a route, hance it had to be semi-fictious and not 'real'

still some of it needs some work, and re-coding distance numbers to lengthen it

Status
Not open for further replies.