• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Choccies from the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

flymo

Established Member
I'm sure we have had one of these before but what the heck..

Following on from the Reminiscences thread, this picture made me drool with joy at the names from the past. A 'Texan' was my choccy of choice and could easily chew on one for a loooooong time.

Many are still around of course but some are not. Curlywurly's were much bigger than now, like so many choccy bars. I once sold my fountain pen for an 'Ice Breaker'. (8p I think..)

Oh my.......where's that time machine thread ?? :D:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Masboroughlad

Established Member
I'm sure we have had one of these before but what the heck..

Following on from the Reminiscences thread, this picture made me drool with joy at the names from the past. A 'Texan' was my choccy of choice and could easily chew on one for a loooooong time.

Many are still around of course but some are not. Curlywurly's were much bigger than now, like so many choccy bars. I once sold my fountain pen for an 'Ice Breaker'. (8p I think..)

Oh my.......where's that time machine thread ?? :D:D

Pyramints, Mint Cracknell, Cadburys Five Centres.

Yew

Established Member
Chocolate isn't all much smaller, go to WH Smiths and see the massive paving slabs of chocolate you can get for a quid :)

Ascot

Established Member
When Freddo was 10p! True blue smarties would be welcoming since they changed them due to a few kids bouncing off the walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldaniti

Cadburys Old Jamaica. You can still get it here and there but it doesn't taste particularly nice, possibly something to do with Kraft taking over Cadburys?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Xploder and blue Smarties!

What happened to Lion bars? A few years ago I thought they were discontinued, but they returned a while later, however I haven't seen any in ages. Are they still about?

sonic2009

Established Member
Lion bars are still about, yet the ones i see around are from Poland, the local shop near me has them 4 for £1, white chocolate and normal. White are my favourite. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ivo

Established Member
I haven't even heard of half of those in the picture...

The only withdrawal in my lifetime that has genuinely disappointed me was Wispa. But they later saw fit to bring it back! :p

deltic1989

Established Member
I haven't even heard of half of those in the picture...

The only withdrawal in my lifetime that has genuinely disappointed me was Wispa. But they later saw fit to bring it back! :p

I was pleased when they brought Wispa back, but was a tad dissapointed that they did'nt bring the mint version back with it, that used to be my favorite.

Along the lines of Freddos for 10p, anyone remember when you could get a Mars bar for 20p?? Closest I can get to that now is 4 for £1 at poundland which still works out at 25p a bar :-x

saracen43

Does anyone remember Cabana bars, about the same size as a Wispa and tasting of coconut, couldnt get enough of them.

SS4

Established Member

Butts

Veteran Member
Chocolate isn't all much smaller, go to WH Smiths and see the massive paving slabs of chocolate you can get for a quid :)

You are obviously very young if you think those are "paving slabs" going for a quid in WHS are full sized.

A standard large bar of chocolate used to be 8oz then 227g on metrication.

Then they reduced to 200g, 150g and some are now 120g :oops:

I noticed caramac on the picture liked them .....a bit sickly but still available if you frequent some smaller shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.